Missouri-Kansas City

HONEYMOON

Where is everyone going for their honeymoon? We are looking into the Caribbean- possibly St.Lucia.  Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go?  We are thinking of doing a Sandals Resort, but I have never stayed in one before.  Also, a little worried about going to Caribbean during hurricane season (September wedding).

Re: HONEYMOON

• edited December 2011
    we are going to costa rica, but we are going on a delayed HM in feb
  • edited December 2011
    We had a blast in Maui.  Absolutely amazing!

St. Lucia is beautiful too, although I haven't spent a ton of time there.  I really enjoyed the island though.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_honeymoon-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:58c25325-034f-4220-b084-92c731238c90Post:fa748ec5-4ddd-4eda-8c18-16b4cc73c4ae">Re: HONEYMOON</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had a blast in Maui.  Absolutely amazing! St. Lucia is beautiful too, although I haven't spent a ton of time there.  I really enjoyed the island though.
    <p>Posted by whitneykaye87[/QUOTE]</p><p>I knew you would!!! It's so amazing there. I think FI and I wil definitely have to go there. Did you have POG?</p>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're going to Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica..  We'll be there the first week of October which is the last month of hurricane season there and the height of rainy season.  Fingers crossed that we get some good weather! We wanted to go to St. Lucia but we would have had to stay in Miami or Dallas overnight because the flights to the island all leave those cities early in the morning.  We didn't want to do that because it would take 2 days off our trip (one day down, one day back).  
  • Beqi42Beqi42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're thinking of going to Thailand. Haven't made the final decision though ;)
  • edited December 2011
    We are going to Aruba which isn't effected by the Hurrican season.  I had a friend go to a Sandals in St. Lucia in June and they loved it they had all good things to say about it and it sounded like a lot of fun.  My MOH is also going there for her honeymoon and she wasn't concerned about Hurricanes (they are going at the end of Oct.).  HTH
  • edited December 2011
    We just got back from Sandals Negril in Jamaica!  It rained everyday, but only for like an hour.  We really wanted to go to Sandals in St. Lucia or Antigua but didn't want to spend that much time traveling.  I'm sure wherever you choose will be fabulous!
    Sarah & Craig
    My Planning Bio: http://sarahandcraig.weebly.com/
    My Married Bio: http://craigandsarahsides.weebly.com/
  • prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're taking a mini-moon to Hermann, MO. Not super exciting, but we've never been and it will be Oktoberfest. We'll also stay in St Louis for a few nights before, another place we've never been.

We want to take a cruise for our one year anniversary. Maybe New England/Canada type thing since we've done the Caribbean twice before and probably won't be able to do the Mediterranean yet (keeping my fingers crossed for 5 year anniversary trip!)

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    prideeinpink-  I got engaged in Hermann.  We stayed at Hillyard Inn vineyard in the cottages.  It was AMAZING.  I had a great time.  You will enjoy it!
  • edited December 2011
    We are going the the Excellence resort in Riviera Maya outside of Cancun. We looked into Sandals and Secrets but our travel agent steered us toward The Excellence Resorts!
    For $500 less than a standard no-frills room at Sandals we get a beachside ocean-view room with balcony, king bed, full bar (im talking bottles of liquor and wine in room all inclusive), and jacuzzi. We are part of the excellence club meaning we get extra amenities and a private section of the beach. We get a free 1 hour couples massage, dinner on the beach, fresh fruit in room daily, champagne on arrival, chocolates each night. All food is included and its GORGEOUS there. AND it's an all-inclusive that DOES serve lobster! Every review i've read is 5 star and its targeted to a mature clientelle so its romantic and private and relaxing. The live shows are fantastic too and right now they have a cirque-du-soleil show. I am so excited to go and I never would have heard about this place if not for our agent!!!!!!!!

oh and I talked to a girl who went...each day they crack open a bunch of coconuts on the beach, pour in liqour and a pink umbrella and serve :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards