Missouri-Kansas City

Where to go to get Alterations?

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go to get alterations done in the Kansas City area???

Thanks!!!

Re: Where to go to get Alterations?

• kcmedstudentkcmedstudent member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Satin Stitches.  Her name is Robin and she does it out of her house.  She was way cheaper than anywhere else.  She was super sweet and actually got mine done in a week!  I had some issues with my dress coming in late and then I was driving home for Christmas break, and she got it done FAST!

She did a great job!  My dress is asymmetrical, so I was really worried how it would turn out.  I had to get a lot done: bust, hips, straps, and length.  I think it ended up being 2 inches on each side for the hips.  I was worried it was going to look weird getting all this done to it, but it looks just like it is suppose to fit.  I was there for about an hour and a half for her to pin it and figure out the bustle.  She even color coded the bustle for me and it is completely done from underneath the dress so you can't see anything.

Her number is 816-665-9616
  • kcmedstudentkcmedstudent member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I forgot to mention she is up north about 10 mins from the airport.  Here is her website

http://satinstitchesbridal.com/default.aspx
  • kmr327kmr327 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is outside the Kansas City area, but I know she has brides come from the Kansas City area.  Her shop is called Jo-Dons Dolls & Alterations, and the phone number is (660) 646-0682 and is in Chillicothe, MO.  I just got my dress back (today actually) and am SO SO pleased.  I had her alter my mom's dress...which included taking off the sleeves (eek!), and making it strapless, adding length to the bottom in the front, removing the entire train (which was difficult with the funky layers of lace), add boning in the bust, making the skirt less full, and letting it out a little bit in the waist.  It was a LOT of work.  Shockingly, the total was only $150.  It was so worth going to her.  She listens and really wants to make the dress that you want, not just whatever the easy solution is.  I feel like I ripped her off; the quality of work was so great and the amount of work was huge, and the price, well, not so huge. :) 
  • momo09momo09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Barb with The Lady Who Makes Dresses.  She is in KC and has been making/altering dresses for years.  She does it out of her home but has her business set up there.  I think her prices are reasonable and she insures your dress while its there which gave me peace of mind.  You can e-mail me at triplm [at] hotmail [dot] com for more info!
  • edited December 2011
    I used Elsa in Brookside.  She works out of her little shop next to Swedeyn Dry Cleaners.  She had my dress done in 3 days and was filthy cheap.  $60 versus $300.  She did a fab job!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards