Missouri-Kansas City

Vendor Reviews!

Our wedding was on Saturday and I wanted to get this done for those of you planning weddings in the near future (which is probably most of you).

Rehearsal Dinner: Trezo Mare (KC, MO), A-
Everything was DELICIOUS!  They did two tastings with us to determine a small selection menu and included an engagment photo on our menu.  We had a 50 person dinner with beer, wine and a cocktail, salad and dessert and it was amazing.  The only reason they get an A- is because they spelled my name wrong on the dinner menu...although no one seemed to notice except me.

Catering:  Hy-Vee (Mission, KS) A
The food was delicious and very inexpensive.  The staff helped to clear some dishes, even though they didn't have to.  The setup was perfect and kept clean all night.  After dinner, they wrapped up everything that was left over.  We were able to upgrade plates and silverware so it was nicer looking, overall very happy with them!  Kim was great, although e-mail is definitely the best way to get in touch with her. 

Cake: Hy-Vee (Mission, KS) A
Also a very positive experience.  Brenda was great.  I e-mailed her a picture and she made it look incredible.  We had tons of compliments on our cake and catering, and since we got them both from Hy-Vee we got a 5% discount on both. 

Limo: Vegas Limo Service, B-
They were fairly priced and the party bus was stocked with champagne.  It was clean-although the bus was a few minutes late picking us up from the Church. I would have given it a better grade, except when we got out to take some pictures, the driver threw out all of our drinks and put all the glasses away, I wasn't sure why he did that and it made me a little upset.

Photographer: Julia Adams Photography, A
We loved working with Julia.  She was great and has a very artistic eye.  We had our engagement pictures taken with her and they turned out amazingly!  She was fairly priced and is so flexible with her schedule. 

DJ: Kahuna Sound, A-
I was happy with this DJ-they were willing to play what we wanted, even if it wasn't 'traditional' wedding music.  Once the formalities were over we wanted a party, and they definitely kept it going.  My husband did have to remind him to do a bouquet and dollar dance because people were leaving, but overall they were exactly what we wanted. 

Alcohol: Red-X (Riverside, MO), A+
Their booze is the cheapest in the metro area, and the main guy there was amazing. When we told him we were stocking up for our reception in two weeks, he looked up the ads to make sure he was giving us the best possible prices. He helped us get the right amounts of alcohol for the size of our wedding.  He ordered everything we needed and gave us case discounts for the champagne. Definitely recommended!

Venue: Black on Burlington (NKC), A+++
We LOVED this venue.  Patrice went more than above and beyond what was expected.  She was always available when we needed her, and flexible when we showed up earlier or later than planned.  She made sure everything ran impeccably and I could not have imagined a more perfect reception.  Even though our reception was on Saturday, we were able to get in Thursday to set up and didn't have to have people stay late that night to clean up, because we came in later in the weekend. I could go on about the amazing job she and everyone at Black on Burlington did!  It's a beautiful and chic space and even if I could do my whole wedding day over, there's not a thing about it I would change..absolutely perfect!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards