Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Photo location ideas

Hi all,

I could use some good ideas. I'm getting married in KC but I am not super familiar with it (actually grew up in a small town east of KC and live in NY now). We're planning to do a first look and take pictures before the ceremony.  Does anyone have good suggestions for where to take photos?

To give some idea of the areas we will be around -- getting ready at the Crowne Plaza downtown, ceremony at a church at 75th and Oak in KC and then the reception at Feasts of Fancy in the West Bottoms.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Re: Photo location ideas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Liberty Memorial is a popular spot downtown to take pics as well as Union Station.
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Loose Park would be a great place in between since it's at 51st and Wornall.  Also there are some really great shots at Union Station and the Liberty Memorial with downtown in the background.  I'll keep thinking...HTH!
  • Options
    kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The West Bottoms actually has some cool places to take pics.  If you're using a professional photographer they surely will have some great suggestions too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Plaza, Nelson Atkins, and I've recently seen some really interesting downtown shots just walking around (think Sprint Center, Power and Light, Crossroads area, etc...).  Photographers are always coming up with new and fresh ideas.  You can never go wrong with Liberty Memorial and Union Station either.
  • Options
    HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All those posted & add Kauffman Gardens to the list, as well as the JC Nichols fountain @ the plaza
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards