Missouri-Kansas City

NWR & WR: Had to share excitement from today!

A bunch of awesome things are happening today and I had to share...

My dad won his court case. They've been fighting him about paying disability for his back. He is a truck driver and cannot work because he has not one but TWO herniated (sp?) discs. I don't understand how people can screw over the system so easily because it took FOREVER to get him the money to get his back fixed. That's ALL we wanted, for him to be better so he could WORK! Anyway, it's over now and things are hopefully going to be getting back on track!

I also submitted my request for time off for the wedding and was approved!! :D I'm taking the Friday before our Sunday wedding off, and then the next week. Originally I wasn't going to take so much since we're on a major budget and I don't have any vacation time yet (won't until Jan) but oh well, you only get married once!

And finally, I submitted my graduation request! I don't graduate until next Spring, but I wanted to turn it in so I could have early registration for that semester when it comes time to pick classes in October. I know it's still far away but it feels like a light at the end of a very long tunnel! Now time to start studying for the GMAT and getting ready for grad school... :/

Oh, and I forgot! My new veil shipped today! I wanted to get a more traditional style veil to try on at my hair trial in case I couldn't get the birdcage to look the way I want. :) Here's a pic of the new one... it's ivory, scalloped edge (to go with the ruffles in my dress), and has beading on the edges:

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

Re: NWR & WR: Had to share excitement from today!

• edited December 2011
    Congrats on all the above!  Great day for you!! =)
    Sarah & Craig
    My Planning Bio: http://sarahandcraig.weebly.com/
    My Married Bio: http://craigandsarahsides.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on all the checks! And good thinking of all that time off - you'll need it! :)
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    So glad to hear things are going well for you!

That's wonderful news about your dad- I'm sure it was a huge PITA to deal with, but at least it's over!  I  think you'll be happy you took that much time off too.  It will be very nice for you to have a little extra time to recoup after the wedding.

Good luck getting all your graduation stuff in order!  I'm sure you'll feel good about studying for the GMAT once your wedding is done.  You'll need something to occupy your time anyway!  :)

And I love the veil!  I think either veil will look stunning on you and with your dress.
  • edited December 2011
    Yay Chrissy!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    very exciting!
  • edited December 2011
    YAY!! That's great news!  I really like the veil you ordered
  • kwagner1211kwagner1211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wonderful news on all accounts! Isn't it funny how we can get so excited that something shipped and nobody else see's it as a big deal! I got my express documents for our honeymoon cruise today and that means we can check in now and I'm so freaking excited about it!
  • prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_nwr-wr-share-excitement-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:882807b2-b9df-4785-8424-e29b8490ee29Post:ad3e2a87-14a4-4a36-b85a-9461731fe367">Re: NWR & WR: Had to share excitement from today!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wonderful news on all accounts! Isn't it funny how we can get so excited that something shipped and nobody else see's it as a big deal! I got my express documents for our honeymoon cruise today and that means we can check in now and I'm so freaking excited about it!
    Posted by kwagner1211[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's exciting!! Congrats!! :D Where are you honeymooning?

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards