Missouri-Kansas City

DiMartino Photographers Beware

If you are in Kansas City, let me tell you about this photographer. My daughter got married 8/08/08. Yes, you read that correctly and I picked up her wedding albums yesterday after I drove to Kirksville (3 hours away) because they were mailed to the wrong address. I have to say the pictures are beautiful, so if you dont mind waiting for one and half years to get them, then this photographer may work for you. Also, they are not good at returning phone calls, they may email you after you email them several times. Designing the final album was also slightly challenging as it took several weeks and three or four redo's before we got something we were satisfied with. My daughter fortunately had the help of a photojournalist major to design her album as they offered no assistance at all. Part of the package we prepaid was for a photo montage complete with songs which we have yet to receive. The day of the wedding, one of the photographers was over an hour late and the second photographer didn't come until 3 or 4 hours after the agreed upon time. After the albums were designed I was told that they  were going to the printer, binder etc at the end of March this year and it would only be a couple of more weeks and I got them yesterday. My daughter had emailed them her new address, (she has lived there 9 months now) and yet they were mailed to her former address. Fortunately for us, the new tennant in the apartment realized they were wedding albums and made a valiant effort to find my daughter through some friends and get her number so she could call her. At this point I am just grateful we are through dealing with them. Good luck to you if you hire them.

Re: DiMartino Photographers Beware

• edited December 2011
    If you are in Kansas City, let me tell you about this photographer. My daughter got married 8/08/08. Yes, you read that correctly and I picked up her wedding albums yesterday after I drove to Kirksville (3 hours away) because they were mailed to the wrong address. I have to say the pictures are beautiful, so if you dont mind waiting for one and half years to get them, then this photographer may work for you. Also, they are not good at returning phone calls, they may email you after you email them several times. Designing the final album was also slightly challenging as it took several weeks and three or four redo's before we got something we were satisfied with. My daughter fortunately had the help of a photojournalist major to design her album as they offered no assistance at all. Part of the package we prepaid was for a photo montage complete with songs which we have yet to receive. The day of the wedding, one of the photographers was over an hour late and the second photographer didn't come until 3 or 4 hours after the agreed upon time. After the albums were designed I was told that they  were going to the printer, binder etc at the end of March this year and it would only be a couple of more weeks and I got them yesterday. My daughter had emailed them her new address, (she has lived there 9 months now) and yet they were mailed to her former address. Fortunately for us, the new tennant in the apartment realized they were wedding albums and made a valiant effort to find my daughter through some friends and get her number so she could call her. At this point I am just grateful we are through dealing with them. Good luck to you if you hire them.
  • annandericannanderic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard similar things about them. I can't believe it took so long to get the photos back!! Did you report them to the better business bureau?? At least the pictures are good... :-/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards