Missouri-Kansas City

Need advice on helping MOHs boyfriend secretly find her an engagement ring!

I woke up this morning to a text from my MOHs boyfriend... He's looking for an engagement right & wanted to know if I had any idea what she would like. She's been MORE than supportive in helping me with all my wedding planning, dress shopping, & actually helped me pick my ring. During all of this wedding stuff, I haven't noticed her looking at things for herself or mentioning what she would like. I do know that they have discussed marriage & that is what they both want. I am extremely honored to be asked to help out with this, and I want to make sure that she gets what she wants. However, I need to be extremely cautious so I don't ruin the surprise. 
If anyone has any suggestions on ways to go about this, I am open to ideas! 

Re: Need advice on helping MOHs boyfriend secretly find her an engagement ring!

• Very exciting for your MOH!  That's tough because you're not going to be pretending to shop for something you already have.  What is her style?  What type of jewelry does she already have or wear?  Sounds like she's pretty perceptive, so any other way of trying to go around asking her, may give her a clue as to what's going on. 
  • I think you're kind of in a good situation since you are getting married....you can start mentioning rings or looking through magazines and comment on rings to try and get some reactions from her.  You could even come up with some bogus survey for all your BM's and one of the questions could be "what's your ideal engagement ring?"  I did something similar to help myself out with my BM gifts. 
  • Thank you ladies! My ring had to be ordered and it will be here in a week or so. Even though I'm not suppose to be the one picking it up, I think it would be beneficial to go try it on when it gets here just to make sure it fits before it leaves the jeweler. Might be a good time to bring my MOH along and see if she gives me any clues. She's modern and stylish and likes western jewelry but I'm unsure if she'd like the same in an engagement ring. I'll we'll just have to wait and see! 
    Thank you for the ideas, this is going to be fun! Smile
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_need-advice-on-helping-mohs-boyfriend-secretly-find-her-an-engagement-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:8b6da421-de89-423d-b9f4-ceb6c1f0e72dPost:32400601-155e-4782-b3f8-7875bcbb6aaa">Need advice on helping MOHs boyfriend secretly find her an engagement ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I woke up this morning to a text from my MOHs boyfriend... He's looking for an engagement right & wanted to know if I had any idea what she would like. She's been MORE than supportive in helping me with all my wedding planning, dress shopping, & actually helped me pick my ring. During all of this wedding stuff, I haven't noticed her looking at things for herself or mentioning what she would like. I do know that they have discussed marriage & that is what they both want. I am extremely honored to be asked to help out with this, and I want to make sure that she gets what she wants. However, I need to be extremely cautious so I don't ruin the surprise.  If anyone has any suggestions on ways to go about this, I am open to ideas! 
    Posted by Sandcreek[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Have you chosen a wedding band yet? Perhaps your soon-to-be-hubby has "mentioned" a right hand ring as your wedding gift... or not? But she doesn't have to know that! I was in a similar situation not too long ago. I told my best friend that I had seen a ring with a pink sapphire that I really liked and wanted to go looking. Knowing full-well that neither of us can walk into a jewelry store without checking out the e-rings, we just went to "browse." A few months later, her boyfriend and I had chosen the most perfect ring ever. She LOVED it and had no idea that I was secretly shopping for her!

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards