Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Favors

bk got me thinking....what is everyone doing for their favors?  What is the best or worst favor you've gotten at a wedding?

Re: Favors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I are doing fortune cookies. Fortunecookiestore.com lets you customize the inner paper, so we will use three of our favorite love quotes. I honestly can't remember most of the favors I have gotten at weddings except a full-size hershey bar and a little box full of peanut m&m's (my fav!). I don't think favors are necessary because people usually throw them away or don't take them at all.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    christie4673christie4673 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_favors-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:8ccf8549-fde3-415d-ae57-004ede1a4ee4Post:0c54e59d-3859-4402-8096-e75a9428c5ca">Re: Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and I are doing fortune cookies. Fortunecookiestore.com lets you customize the inner paper, so we will use three of our favorite love quotes. I honestly can't remember most of the favors I have gotten at weddings except a full-size hershey bar and a little box full of peanut m&m's (my fav!). <strong>I don't think favors are necessary because people usually throw them away or don't take them at all</strong>.
    Posted by Rockerchick842[/QUOTE]

That is the reason why we aren't doing favors.  I don't remember most of the ones I received at weddings or it was something that I really didn't want...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our favors are going to be jordan almonds.  I got black pillow boxes and custom stickers made so they're edibile and cheap.  Favors I've gotten at other people's weddings-a paper that you plant and it has seeds in it, and a kool-aid packet. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding once that have 4 favors....a sewing kit, pens, a plastic horse and carriage, and a seed packet.  I think I ended up throwing all of it away.  I always like things you can eat, especially if there's a wait for the food!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are making cake balls and decorating them with our colors and putting them in little boxes on the tables.  YUM!!!

• Options
    pooomunkiepooomunkie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a chocolate/candy buffet instead of a grooms cake and using it to double as favors. The guests can fill take out boxes with candy to take home! Yum!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're not having any.

The best one that I ever got was a bottle of wine
    img_9694 Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards