Missouri-Kansas City

Rehearsal

My family-in-law has asked me to plan the rehearsal dinner because they live in Iowa, which I'm doing though not willingly. I feel like I have enough on my plate with everything else and it would have been nice to not have this to worry about. Well, we're having the dinner at the church that we're getting married and we're going to have someone cater. I wanted something easy like sandwiches and whatnot. Just a relaxed feel, but they were thinking something nicer which means I have more work to do. I could use any suggestions on good places to cater for the dinner. 

~B~

Re: Rehearsal

• edited December 2011
    I understand planning the RD can be stressful but try to stay relaxed about it.  Really, anytime you have something catered in, it is pretty easy-all you will need to do it work out the contract and plan a few pretty centerpieces (not even that if you don't want to!)

First of all, do you know what your budget is? If your In-law are paying have FI talk with them about the budget.

If your inlaws are not paying the formality of the RD is totally up to you and FI.

Some suggestions, not knowing your budget:
    Jack Stack
    Garrozzo's
    Brancato's
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    What part of town is it in?  DH planned ours b/c his family is not from town, and don't know the area.  The RD is really easier.  Pick the food, send out invites (if you need a count), and your good.  Doesn't need to be big.
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been talking with Jack Stack and Cupini's.  Both have been great to work with!  I too am planning our RD for in laws because they don't live around here.  They are giving us a small amount of money, which won't cover the whole thing so FI and I are splitting the cost with them and I'm making all the decisions! 
  • edited December 2011
    You're lucky you can have dinner at the church--trying to find a place was a big headache for me :) I would suggest Hyvee, we looked at them for our rd and they have a huge variety of options which I loved.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards