Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Calligraphy

Who's writing/addressing your invitations?

Re: Calligraphy

• Options
    jlichtyjlichty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know its a big ettiquete no no but I think I am printing lables or printing directly on my invite. I know I wouldn't get an invite with a label or printed and be like OMG I cannot believe they didn't take the time to hand write this - how rude. lol.  I think there is so many better ways to spend my time and guests really don't care anymore.  If you have the money highering a calligrapher would be awesome.  Just my opinion. 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_calligraphy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:925064ad-941e-4f37-84ec-c4738326151fPost:203cfdb9-e549-4ad4-981d-6cd4edcd9061">Re: Calligraphy</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know its a big ettiquete no no but I think I am printing lables or printing directly on my invite. I know I wouldn't get an invite with a label or printed and be like OMG I cannot believe they didn't take the time to hand write this - how rude. lol.  I think there is so many better ways to spend my time and guests really don't care anymore.  If you have the money highering a calligrapher would be awesome.  Just my opinion. 
    Posted by jlichty[/QUOTE]

I would have loved to hire a calligrapher, but I ended up printing on my envelopes with a fancy font.
  • Options
    fireytigerfireytiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wrote my own envelopes out with a calligraphy pen. Although if I were to do it all over again, I would have just done the outer envelopes and the inner envelope names, and not the RSVP envelopes too. It's taken me forever to get it all done. BUT, it all looks great, so I'm happy. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom has amazing handwriting. She seriously gets compliments every time she writes something in public (a check, signs a slip, etc). She addressed my two older sisters' invitations and will be addressing mine as well.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    nikkifeenikkifee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also printed mine. You can download different fonts that look like caligraphy... you can find them at http://www.dafont.com/ 

it also includes instructions on how to install it into word
  • Options
    kpabda23kpabda23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am addressing my own invitations. I have very neat handwriting and I'm looking into learning calligraphy, so it will be good practice. Hiring someone is so expensive!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards