Missouri-Kansas City

2 months to go - stressed!

Hi ladies,

I spend some time on the May 2011 board, but it just seems like everyone is way ahead of me in planning! My anxiety goes up on that board. Do you think it's a regional thing - some brides in big cities have to plan everything earlier?

I'm just super stressed right now - trying to get the invites out this week and it's not going smoothly. We still haven't decided on the reception food and our coordinator at the venue isn't getting back to me (that also leaves the rehearsal dinner up in the air), we don't have BM dresses, let alone WP gifts, FI still doesn't have a suit, we haven't thought about music for the ceremony or reception, I don't have my shoes yet and first fitting is in a week, and the list goes on and on. Is anyone else getting close and starting to get stressed?

Re: 2 months to go - stressed!

• edited December 2011
    My wedding is May 28th so I feel the crunch too. Just keep a level head and know everything will work out-even if it isn't the perfection you imagine in your head.

You have a caterer booked, right? Just haven't picked out the food? That is just fine. Set up a day and time that works for both you and FI to go in and arrange things with the caterer.

The coordinator not getting back with you would be stressful. Is there anyone else at the venue you can contact? Could you stop by the venue and confront her?

The BM dresses and WP gifts you shouldn't worry about. If you ordered the BM dresses and they haven't been delivered just put in a call to get an update. If you haven't ordered them yet, swing by the mall and see what options the stores have for your bridemaids. You can find a lot of cute dresses right now since it is spring time.

WP gifts don't need to be personalized or special ordered-just heartfelt. Those you can wait on-no need to stress.

Rehearsal dinner can be a relaxed backyard BBQ affair. Or a pizza and beer type of thing. I actually prefer laid back RD's-it allows everyone to kick back and relax.

FI can always get a suit from Men's Warehouse-just have him make an appointment. Or, if it is in your budget go to Jos. A Banks or Macys and pick out a new suit he can keep.

Are you having a DJ? If so, they can handle most of the music-just make a 'no play' list' and try to come up with the "important" songs (first dance, entrance, mother-son, etc.)

It will all be ok, those little details will work themselves out and it will be easier if you just take a step back and take a deep breath. Who knows, you may walk into Nordstroms and fall in love with a pair of shoes for your wedding-it really can be as simple as that.

Good luck :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks - I guess I just needed someone to tell me it would be OK! This morning was the first time that I've ever really gotten upset about something for the wedding, and I just needed a reminder that none of this is the end of the world.
  • edited December 2011
    No worries! I have been there too. It helps for someone else to offer some reassurance things will be ok.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, you will be okay!  Just prioritize your list and start knocking things off as you can!  Everything will turn out great on the day and if you're missing a little detail here and there no one will notice!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, you are fine!

BM dresses: ours came from Nordstrom and are perfect!

Shoes: i HAD my first fitting and am changing my shoes!

Just make a list and start checking things off one by one. ;-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fireytigerfireytiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't panic! :) I'm about 3 months away from my wedding, and I've got a million things to do too. I've actually changed what we're doing for food about 5 times now because of financial reasons. I THINK i've finally gotten it sorted out once and for all now. I'm having difficulties with my reception venue too, they're trying to charge me for things that they told me before that they weren't going to charge me for, and apparently dealing over the phone or e-mail isn't getting it sorted out. I need to drive down there but I just don't have the time or the patience to deal with it at the moment. One of my BMs still has not even gone to LOOK at BM dresses, and I can't drag her out to do it because she's in California. I told all my BMs to pick out what they like and feel comfortable in, and she still hasn't done it. I need to finish addressing my invitations, making the inner envelope liners, and print out the map and direction cards because the invites need to go out in like 2 weeks. So you're not alone! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards