Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Ceremony locations

So, I think I've got my reception location.  Now what to do for a ceremony location???  The time of year of my wedding will probably be too cold for outside.  However, I do not attend church and feel kinda funny about just randomly picking a church to get married in.  How do you go about asking a church if you can just use them for your ceremony?  And do many allow you to bring in your own choice of an officiant?

Re: Ceremony locations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know when I was looking into possible church sites, one I found that allowed you to use the church and not have any affiliation with it (as long as you weren't wiccan) was Stone Church in Independence. I'm not sure what area  you are looking in but it's a beautiful old church. And pretty cheap ($500 maybe?). We're having our reception at The Elms in Excelsior Springs and there is also a small church there that we are using and have no affiliation with(I believe it's called St marks episcopilain church). Both places let you bring in your own officiant.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might check out these:

Jacob's Well
    Unity Temple on the Plaza
    Pilgrim Chapel (pretty small)

They seem to be inclusive with regards to weddings.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know where your reception is, but Powell Gardens has a beautiful non-denominational chapel...you could probably bring in any officiant.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure where you are looking into but we are using Unity Church of Overland Park on 103rd and Antioch.  It is really pretty and non-demoninational! Glenna is great to work with.  We are using FI's aunt to officate.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Jacob's Well. Holly has been great to work and I've heard great things about other weddings there. My Uncle is marrying us which I am so excited for. I looked at Unity on the plaza and loved it, I just thought it was a little too big. I've also heard great things about Country Club Christian Church! Good Luck :)
  • Options
    erinstone81erinstone81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for the great ideas!!!!  I am checking into all of these places.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards