Missouri-Kansas City

Vow renewal

I'm getting WAY ahead of myself. My husband and I have been married for 2.5 years. We got married at the courthouse and at the time it was perfect. We just wanted to be married and didn't care about planning a big event. We always said we would renew our vows after 5 years. But we JUST made the decision to have the wedding we didn't get the first time around.

I'm so excited I've already started planning. Once I get my mind set on something I need instant gratification. lol.

Anyone else planning a vow renewal? I'm not sure what to do, or not to do. I know i want it to be a lot of fun. This is our chance to celebrate with all of our favorite people.

Also, we have a daughter who will be 4 at the time. We'd love to do something special with her as well.

Re: Vow renewal

• HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome & congrats - half way there!

What kind of vision did you have so far? Are you wanting to do a full-out "second wedding" or a "renewal ceremony"?

Regardless of what you're planning, a lot of women use this time to browse and get ideas and pretty much "brain storm". Also use this time to save up (if you need to) and then as things get closer, start weeding out your "inspirations" and decide what you really want and what you can do without. Also, if you're holding it in a specific location (other than a back yard or anything) I wouldn't book it until about a year out, just to avoid changing your mind, multiple deposits, etc.

When my parents did their vow renewal, they had it in our back yard under a [rented] trellis. My mom wore a white/pearl-ish dress/suit, but not a "wedding gown". My dad wore a nice suit. We invited friends and family and had the "reception"/dinner there, too. My sister and I were involved in the process by walking with our mom, and then after my parents renewed their vows to each other, they also made "parental vows" to my sister & I and we each got a ring (suitable for our ages).
  • momo09momo09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think its a great idea to do a vow renewal and since you didn't have a full ceremony/reception the first time around then you can do as much as your up to this time!!!! Have fun planning, you totally deserve it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards