Missouri-Kansas City

HONEYMOON...

where did you go or where are you planning on going?

Re: HONEYMOON...

• eneh2012eneh2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are looking at Aruba.  Other than the crazy missing person cases it looks like a beautiful island with great resorts! 
  • edited December 2011
    We were thinking Mexico...those all-inclusive packages are ridiculously cheap! But things are so sketchy there!! I've heard Aruba is less scary (minus the few abductions!).
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are a lot of all-inclusives other places too! I've seen some in the Bahamas, Jamaica, Dominican Republic and even Aruba.  They all looked really nice and were not priced to bad.  The hotel where we are planning on hosting our wedding will give us points on our hotel reward card for hosting there so we will end up getting two free nights for our honeymoon! So I was kind of limited to islands where they have partner hotels. 
  • snok83snok83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married this summer in June.  My husband and I went to Aruba and stayed at the Riu.  I would definitely recommend a honeymoon to Aruba.  I have also visited Puerta Vallarto, Mexico.  Between the two, I felt completely safe at all times in Aruba.  It was strange in Mexico we only felt safe leaving the resort during the daytime to shop. 

In Aruba, the downtown area was basically closed in the daytime and everyone came out at night.  Very safe and beautiful crystal blue beaches. Despite the stories . Aruba is a much smaller island and half of it can only be reached by 4 wheel drive.  We went snuba and snorkeling in Aruba.  I also heard the jeep tours were awesome, others simply rented a car and explored the island.  We found if you want a cheaper deal Mexico was the way to go.  But for the honeymoon we wanted something a bit nicer and wanted to try out a new place!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's good to know! 
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were supposed to go to Jamaica....but we spent all our savings on the down payment for our house and ended up going to Florida and Alabama and staying in a condo on the beach instead.  It was still great!
  • edited December 2011
    We're going on a cruize to Cozumel and the Florida Keys.  I like that's it's inclusive and somewhat active.  As much as I love to lay on the beach, I would like to actualy DO something too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • dmnorthcraftdmnorthcraft member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just got back last night from French Polynesia (Tahiti, Bora Bora, Moorea, and Taha'a).  Not a cheap honeymoon by any means but so worht the time and money - such a beautiful, beautiful place!
  • edited December 2011
    We went to Cozumel, and stayed at Cozumel Palace. It was the best vacation EVER and I think about it all the time. We can't wait to go back :)  If I were, I would contact "all about honeymoons" it's free and it's a travel agent just for honeymoons. We ended up not using them to book our trip (we found ours cheaper) however, they gave us some AWESOME information on some great resorts!! Also once you have found some look on tripadvisor.com for reviews and pictures!! GOOD LUCK!!
  • edited December 2011
    thanks everyone for your helpful input!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards