Missouri-Kansas City
Options

I'm Looking for KC Band recommendations!!!

Anyone have any referrals of good danc/party bands in the KC area?

Re: I'm Looking for KC Band recommendations!!!

• Options
    HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, I've never been to a wedding/event with a live band (I'm sure it would sound awesome!) so I don't have any personal recommendations.

However, I did a quick google search and came up with this website that divides many KC bands into categories. Perhaps this would help...?

http://kansascityband.com/

Also, there's another bridal fair coming up and when I went last year, I got information from several different bands. I'm fairly certain I've thrown the info out but if not, I'll post it. If I go again this year, I'll see if I can get more.

Good luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used the KC All Stars.  They were a great band, but it all depends on what is most important to you.  KC All Stars won't learn new songs for your event, so if you have a first dance song that's not on their playlist, you can provide an ipod or CD instead.   We also provided a playlist on an ipod for when the band took breaks. 

Overall, we thought the were wonderful and definitely got the crowd dancing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Pacific Express (sister band to Atlantic Express).  Both are Garry Mac bands.  The music was a huge part of our night and was so worth it (we added a bunch of horns for a larger, big-band sound).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Krazy Kats (from Blue Springs?) are a lot of fun! I hired them to perform at our annual employee party at work, and they were a hit. I've heard The Zeros are a fun band too.
  • Options
    Chris0313Chris0313 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd second the nomination for KC All Stars. They have worked a couple of weddings I shot at and they kept the place jumping.
  • Options
    QueenofQuirkyQueenofQuirky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Flannigans Right Hook if you would like to go more Irish sounding.
  • Options
    kissumkissum member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know this is old post- but you really can't go wrong with any of the Gary Mac bands. The groups are amazing. My dad used to sing in them, so I'm a bit biased, but they are always great and get the party started,
  • Options
    momo09momo09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used the KC All Stars too and LOVED.THEM!!!!  But I know some other brides that have used different bands and had great recs too.  E-mail me at triplm [at] hotmail [dot] com for more info!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can't get any better than Atlantic Express/Pacific Express.

Everyone at our reception was RAVING. From young to old, everyone loved them. They will be performing this weekend at the White Bridal Show at the Intercontinental, FYI.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I shot a wedding where the Michael Beers Band played and they really know how to get the party going and keep it going! They are awesome! Everyone there loved them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards