Missouri-Kansas City

Budget Catering

I am on a super small budget.  I will have about 110 people at my wedding and I have only about 1500 to spend on catering. This does not include my cake!  I need someone in the area that is really good and can work with my small budget!! Has anyone had success or have any suggestions for me?  Thanks for your help! :)

Re: Budget Catering

• I've seen people suggest Hy-Vee before for budget catering.  I like their food so I'd imagine it would be pretty good. 
  • Does that also include drinks?
  • I would definitely look into Hy-Vee....we were on a tight budget for catering too and Hy-Vee was able to meet it.  We had enough for 125.  I think it was around $1300 or so.  They had wonderful food and great service. This did not include our cake or drinks.  My mother did our cake and we provided drinks.  However, Hy-Vee does offer you a discount if you use there bakery for cake too!!!
    April 2012 May Siggy Challenge! Favorite Gift kitchenaid May siggy Anniversary
  • Thanks you guys!  I will def. give Hy Vee a call! :)
  • Hy-Vee and Affordable Catering! On the Affordable Catering website you can create a quote right there with everything included (which is amazing, because everything always seems reasonable until you add in taxes, fees, gratuity, etc). Hope this helps!
  • Try calling Shining Stars Catering. Deb is a budget miracle worker.
  • I am using K&J Catering out of Blue Springs. They are really good and have gread prices! 

Here is there facebook page:

• try calling sugar and spice in parkville. they have great food and service for reasonable prices.
  • Go to Elena's Fine Catering on Main Street on the Square in Independence, you won't be sorry, can't beat their service or prices and they specialize in small budget events, Italian flair and manners.
  • Aces in Liberty MO.. $7 a person including one meat, a veggie, salad, dinner roll, lemonade tea and water.. its mainly a bakery but her food is good, very flexible and will pretty much make whatever you want her to within her food options :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards