Missouri-Kansas City
Options

WWYD?

Eric's wedding band has gotten increasingly loose over the past year.  It was actually a tad big when we got married, but he just dealt with it.  Now he can barely wear it because he fears it may fall off.  It cannot be sized due to the metal it's made of and the pattern on it so we have 2 options.  Try and get some sort of adjuster to make it fit, though I haven't come across one that looks too appealing or he can get a new ring since we have the lifetime warranty plan which include size changes.  Both of us kind of feel weird about getting a new ring since it's not the one we were married with.  What would you do???  Any suggestions or experiences you've had with ring adjusters/sizers?

Re: WWYD?

• Options
    I think I would just get a new ring. The fear of him losing the ring would be too much for me.  
  • Options
    Yeah, I understand what you mean.  I new one would not have that special meaning with it.  I would talk to a jeweler and show them what you'd like.  I'm sure they would have some good options. 
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. I know guys that have 2 or more  rings and it is not about what ring you have it is about what happened on that day, and what the ring represents. You would rather him have a ring that fits then have a ring that falls off or he takes off because it doesn't fit. Then the ring will not represent anything. It is not about what ring he is wearing it is about the ring and what it means. Just my thoughts.
  • Options
    Thanks for the ideas/opinions!  Very helpful!  @jcb, they would not give the ring back, they keep it.  @sleeper, I didn't think of that, I'll have to ask!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards