Missouri-Kansas City

introducing myself!

Hi ladies!  My name is Amanda, I am 23 and getting married June 26th!  I live in KC/Liberty area, and I am an in home child care provider so I can stay home with my little girl, Maleah.  My FI is Ben, 24, and he was my high school crush.  We ended up together 5 years later, and immediately got pregnant! haha So apparently its meant to be <3  We are so excited to be getting married, but the planning process is starting to stress us out!!!  Our procrastination is very much the cause :)  We are still searching for a caterer, someone to make our cake, an officiant, and as of last week (when that b@stard cancelled on us!!!!) a DJ.  SO needless to say, we are in crunch-mode! 
I have posted  a few times here, and I think I like the vibe from you girls a little better than my wedding month board.  They can be pretty intense about stuff, and I just don't feel very comfortable posting over there.  So hopefully I will feel more at home here! 

Re: introducing myself!

• Bens_AmandaBens_Amanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Forgot to say:  We are having the ceremony at Loose Park, and the reception is at The Simpson House!
  • prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Amanda!

That's so cute you finally got together with your crush! :D

Who was the DJ that cancelled on you? WTF is that about!?

Good luck with all the planning!

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    DJ canceled on you, that sucks!  I'd be interested in who it was before i sign up for one.  For cake, if you aren't picky, Hyvee.  You can get a 3 layer cake for 268.  We are actually gonna do cupcakes with them and a top cake layer...something to think about.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our DJ was a guy who Ben had used for many parties in college.  His name is Pete and he is out of Mission KS.  I don't know the name of his busines... He told us like last August that he would do it, offered us $100 off since Ben had given him so much business, and his wife is a photog and was going to do our wedding as well.  He told us 2 weeks ago, very casually, that he was actually going to be too busy the weekend of our wedding.  So now I don't trust his wife, either.  Her business is SKimaging, and her name is Shaina.  Has anyone heard of her?  Her charge is $600, so super cheap, but I am not that wowed by her work, or their professionalism!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!  That sucks about the DJ - we are still in the processing finalizing ours.

I would also recommend HyVee for the cake - we met the cake decorator at the store of 87th in Lenexa and she gave us a ton of samples and all of them were great.  We are also using them for our catering.  Good Luck!

Maiya
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!  Your daughter is adorable!

I agree with PP about checking out Hy-Vee for cake and catering.  They have good prices and don't require a lot of advanced notice.  Plus their cake is delicious!  Good luck with the planning!
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kissamarykissamary member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i know we aren't supposed to promote businesses, but it's not mine and i think if you want a nice cake for cheaper than regulary bakeries i should at least let you know.  My mom runs a bakery out of her house called The Divine Bakery.  She only does custom cakes and just a few of month.  Her prices and pictures are on her website.  She's doing my wedding cake for free :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey, thanks, Kissamary!!  I will check it out! 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_introducing-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:c66a70eb-0f94-4c2b-bc4d-31fba835cf65Post:49351926-9b4d-4add-822d-84e8e9dadd9c">Re: introducing myself!</a>:
    [QUOTE] My mom runs a bakery out of her house called The Divine Bakery.  She only does custom cakes and just a few of month.  Her prices and pictures are on her website.[/QUOTE]
    What is her website?  I tried googling, and didn't come up with anything!
  • kissamarykissamary member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oops!  sorry, I forgot she hasn't paid for it to be back on google.  She took a break from it when my brother was born and she is just starting it back up again.  the website is www.thedivinebakery.com
  • HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome & congratulations! That is so exciting to be able to marry your HS crush - did you guys stay in touch all that time?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_introducing-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:c66a70eb-0f94-4c2b-bc4d-31fba835cf65Post:065fefb5-e3e0-494b-b81e-a862b9b121a9">Re: introducing myself!</a>:
    [QUOTE] did you guys stay in touch all that time?
    Posted by HammysGirl[/QUOTE]
    No!! We never really talked after we briefly dated Sophomore year.  I actually ran into him my first year of college when he was visiting friends, but it was at a bar, and one of his friends was over-the-top drunk, so he had to leave.  I never talked to him or saw him again til about 4 years later.  I moved to Kansas City (he was in med school at UMKC), and he actually (LOL) sent me a message on facebook.  He was just inviting me to meet him and his friends, because he knew I didn't know anyone here.  After we found out we were pregnant, (because WOW it happened almost immediately!) I kept having that "I can't believe I am with <em>him </em>AND having his baby!" hahahaha  If someone would have told me that back in highschool, I never would have believed it.  Its all very cool how things turn out!
  • JulieSmilesJulieSmiles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm really late seeing this, but I just booked an awesome DJ. They are a husband and wife team that puts everything together. The company is All-4-U Entertainment. They are really good and really cheap compared to other djs around KC.
    Did you need an officiant too? I just booked a gentleman named Tim Brooks and he was really awesome to work with so far. His email is theveryrev@gmail.com.

Good luck with everything!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards