Missouri-Kansas City

Ida's Alterations?

I just bought my dress from Ida's last weekend, and just about everyone I've said this to has immediately warned me not to get my alterations done there.  The staff at Ida's was so great when we bought the dress that this surprises me.  Is this bad reputation for alterations deserved?

Re: Ida's Alterations?

• HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally have not done any alterations with Ida's but I have a family friend who is involved in the wedding planning community and she really recommends Ida's, actually. I'll have to ask her if she's heard anything negative about the alterations services though. My best friend just ordered her gown through Idas and, like you, had a fabulous experience. I'll keep my ears open!

When are you needing/wanting to start your alterations?

• momo09momo09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't get my dress at Ida's but I had my alterations done with Barb Williams.  If you google the Lady Who Makes Dresses you'll find her.  I know a lot of people that have used her and been really pleased.  E-mail for more info at triplm [at] hotmail [dot] com
  • JoRoWoJoRoWo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard horror stories like veils and Alterations weren't done in time.
  • sarabeth14sarabeth14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Ida's and am planning on getting my alterations there, so I'd be interested to know this as well.
  • edited December 2011
    My dress won't be in until early May, so I guess I have plenty of time to decide.  I do keep hearing very mixed reviews of Ida's alteration service, and I've had several people tell me that Ida herself is the person that causes a lot of them.  So, maybe their alterations are good as long as Ida's not doing them - I don't know.  I'll definitely see what else I hear between now and May and then make a decision.
  • edited December 2011
    I had Ida do my alterations and didn't have any problems for what it's worth but I've also heard great things about Barb Williams if you're concerned.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards