Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Photographers

2»

Re: Photographers

• Options
    After much research and deliberation, my fiance and I are so excited to have chosen Mark Sorenson to shoot our wedding. I think I looked into almost every photographer in the Kansas City area, but Mark's style combined with his pricing absolutely can't be beat. We met with him and loved his take on weddings and photography. His brother will be doing our videography as well. I absolutely cannot wait to see how everything turns out. I'm certain they will do a stand-up job. You'll definitely see a review from me after our big day!
  • Options
    I am using Sarah Dickerson.  She is great and she has a number of different packages to chose from.  She is very personable and professional.  I love our engagement photos and know our wedding photos will be just as good.  She is also creative and takes her time, which is nice.  I think my package is $2300
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lmarsch1lmarsch1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    ATTENTION DO NOT USE Sweet Tea Studio!!!!  I met with them last weekend & they seemed very nice, however, they only showed me one video they shot for a friend, but did not have many other photos other then the ones on their website which are now missing. Earlier today on Yelp I found a review that they were using other photographers images as their own.  So I did a little research online and I found "their" video on another videographer's website.  When I called him, he had never heard of Michelle or Sweet Tea Studio.  If you have met with them recently and they showed you a video, here is the website to the legit videographer:  http://www.withthisringvideo.com/#/our-home/. Beware!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lauren, i fail to see any negative posts on yelp except your own. I get the impression you are just an upset person. If you joined the site in 2009 and are just now posting in 2012 i'm assuming you are just some angry person and not an actual bride. We met with Michelle and her other photographer a few weeks ago and have already had our engagement session done. 

Luckily in the midwest you can be held finacially accountable now for trying to slander and defame a business. I hope they find you. 

We love Michelle and cant wait till our big day!
  • Options
    Actually, I just became engaged this past February. I joined The Nest in 2009 when I bought my house and for some reason that automatically made me join the Knot.  I am not an angry person, I just do not like it when people steal other peoples work and use it as their own.  I'm not saying Michelle was not a nice person, she is actually lovely in person.  But the fact that she showed me a video and told me it was hers.  When in fact they never shot the video made me loose any trust in them.  I just wanted to warn any other brides out there.  If you want to use them as your photographer then by all means go ahead.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lmarsch1lmarsch1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Karissa,  I have a question for you.  On your post on 3/3, you said you were still deciding between Sweet Tea Studio and PBinderPhoto.  But then on your next post on 3/5 you said you had already used Sweet Tea Studio a few weeks ago.  That seems really odd to me? 

Also, they have been deleting all of the negative comments from their Yelp page.  Here is the local thread which they are unable to delete: http://www.yelp.com/topic/kansas-city-sweet-tea-studio

I have not been slandering their company.  I am only telling the truth about what happened to me, in the hopes that it doesn't happen to another bride out there.  I'm just starting the process of looking for photographers and this was a real set back for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    For any brides considering Sweet Tea Studio, click on KarissaV1982 and view her posts.  All are name dropping for Sweet Tea Studio.  Looks like a vendor plant to me.  Also read one of Karissa's posts with a negative comment about another KC photograper.  http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_asa-orrin-brown-photography

She might want to take her own advice because that looks like defaming another business to me.
  • Options
    We are going with Sweet Tea Studio - We had a fantastic visit with her and her assistant!  I saw all the posts yesterday when trying to look at the website to show a coworker and became increasingly concerned throughout the day...  I talked to both of them yesterday (3/5) via phone & email - it's a serious matter that has now turned legal.  The police are involved and so are their (Sweet Tea) attorneys.  They have been hacked/targeted by some very "upset" (obviously VERY unprofessional) arrogant and obnoxious people - quite possibly competition.  Either way, we signed a (VERY LEGAL) contract with them (saw their incredible studio!) and I'm VERY confident in their work and can't WAIT to do our engagement pics!   I can only comment on my own experience, not others - if you are questioning their work ethic - feel free to call them or email them.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    smanthey:

If you read Asa Orrin Brown's Yelp:

You'll see he has scammed numerous brides.  I am not defaming anyone. 

I am proud of my wedding photographer and her business and wont let some upset group of harassers talk her down. She's a single mom, a very talented photographer, and a wonderful person. In a world where it's so easy to write a negative review, i find it's increasingly necessary to let the good ones know they're doing a great job. I name drop because i belive in them and wish them all the sucess in the world. And for those of you who said they "stole" some baby photo, i dont care if they stole all their photos because the photos of me and my fiance came out even better than anything i saw on their website and i couldn't be happier.  If they were a small person doing it out of their house i would be concerned. But i've seen their studio. I've talked to prior brides. And the engagement photos speak for themselves. Nothing anyone can say will change my mind.

Lauren, i dont understand your experience at all. But if you dont like them fair enough dont use them . 

I wish you all nothing but smooth sailing for your weddings. Now dont make mine any more difficult or you'll see Bridezilla :) 

Much Love
  • Options
    angelcanaryangelcanary member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Here is a screen shot of their website, this is my friend (I am a wedding photographer) Katie Whitcomb's photo.  There were 11 of hers used in Sweet Tea Studio's website as their own.

• Options
    This isn't a defamation of character.  I am professional photographer and Sweet Tea Studios stole 11 of their 24 images on her site from a photographer friend of mine.  After a letter from my friend's lawyer, they were taken down, but not before she did a screen save to make sure she had proof of the theft/ Not libel, not defamaion, just sad truth.  I am sure she is nice in person, and probabaly does good photgraphy.  Sadly she has chosen to grow her business with others work instead of restig on her work, which may be completely good.  Either way, it is fact she has a track record of stealing other phtorgaphers work.
  • Options
    First of all, yes they were my images. Second of all, she took the images down from her site before I ever had the chance to message her. So far, my lawyer has only been giving me advice on what I should do. I will not be pressing charges as I believe her when she says that her assistant put these images on her website saying they were weddings that he took. I have spoken with her on the phone and I'm a pretty good judge of someone feeding me bullshit. I respect her for getting the guts to call me and talk to me personally. If I hadn't heard the tone in her voice I would have continued believing that this whole situation was bullshit and that I needed to move forward.

The unfortunate truth is that she will have a hard to making this go away. Please do not slander my name as I'm not really sure who you are RJPhoto... Yes, I have screen captures of all the places I have now found 13 of my images, but at this point it is only for documentation in case I need them down the line.

As I mentioned, I have not and will not be pressing charges.

My last comment is this: when you own a business, it falls back on your everything your assistants, employees, etc do. An unfortunate realization is that regardless of who did it, the person (IF I WAS pressing charges), it would be her, the owneer of the business. If you are a current bride of hers and are concerned about this situation, here is my professional advice to you: Go sit down with Michelle face to face. Re-establish expectations with her. Ask her to take a few images of you while you are there (just you or you with your fiance) and base you decision off of that. I don't know what is hers and what is not, but the only thing you will ever know is if you like how she photographed you. Michelle, if you are reading this, here is my advice to you: I'm sorry that this has caused so much heart ache for you, keep you head held high, be honest about the situation and possibly rename your business. This industry will swallow you whole and you have to make the decision on how YOU want to run your business, set those expectations and then move forward by yourself and rebuild your name. 

Good luck!
    Katie
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    We are using LC Images (Lon Campbell). He did pictures for a girl I worked with of her and her husband and they were amazing. I called him up and told him about our venue and he was stoked. He only does so many weddings a year because he doesn't want to get worn out and not like them any longer. He was very easy to talk with and knew his business was great. He gave us some great deals and we are super stoked for him to take our wedding pics.!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards