Missouri-Kansas City
Options

BM Dress. Opinions?

Front:

http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/d441/

Back:

http://www.bestforbride.com/images/evening/AlfredSung10/D441_2.jpg

What do you all think of this dress? I wanted something a little different than your normal strapless, and I think this dress delivers. My colors are going to be black and plum, so I think I would get the dress in black, and maybe make plum sashes to go around the midsection. It seems to me it could be worn again. Do you think it would fit different body types? My BM's are all different: one with huge boobs, one that is bigger, one with tall legs and bigger midsection. I don't want anyone looking bad or not feeling uncomfortable!

Thanks in advance!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: BM Dress. Opinions?

• Options
    edited December 2011

Front:

http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/d441/

Back:

http://www.bestforbride.com/images/evening/AlfredSung10/D441_2.jpg

What do you all think of this dress? I wanted something a little different than your normal strapless, and I think this dress delivers. My colors are going to be black and plum, so I think I would get the dress in black, and maybe make plum sashes to go around the midsection. It seems to me it could be worn again. Do you think it would fit different body types? My BM's are all different: one with huge boobs, one that is bigger, one with tall legs and bigger midsection. I don't want anyone looking bad or not feeling uncomfortable!

Thanks in advance!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like it a lot- and it's a bit different!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i would worry abt the girl with big boobs.  It doesn't look like it would be easy to wear a bra with that, nor does it look like a dress that would hold up ur boobs either...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i love it!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's very cute! I think it might work with different body types but you'll never know until you go somewhere to try it on. 
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really like it, and if you get it in black, they'll definitely be able to wear it again.  Who can't use a spare LBD?  (That's what I did for my girls too and I just made a sash to go with them- great minds, right?)

I think dazed has a good point though- make sure everyone has a good strapless bra that they're comfortable wearing.

If you're unsure, ask your BMs for their opinions.  Actually, that's probably a good idea anyway.
  • Options
    prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Kristen (dazed); I'd worry about the girl with the large chest. Would you be opposed to picking a few different options in the same color/from the same designer to make sure everyone has something flattering?

Otherwise, I love it! :)

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• Options
    kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Alfred Sung, I've been thinking about using D440 (pictured right next to yours) for my BM's.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_bm-dress-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:caafbf5c-69c0-4a99-86e3-2102eecf6258Post:16400289-a258-491f-8a13-53a3309f8e73">Re: BM Dress. Opinions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really like it, and if you get it in black, they'll definitely be able to wear it again.  Who can't use a spare LBD?  (That's what I did for my girls too and I just made a sash to go with them- great minds, right?) I think dazed has a good point though- make sure everyone has a good strapless bra that they're comfortable wearing. If you're unsure, ask your BMs for their opinions.  Actually, that's probably a good idea anyway.
    Posted by whitneykaye87[/QUOTE]
    <p>I have asked all of them what they think of it, and they all love it. I figured I'd get some more opinions, though. I will ask the friend with big ta-ta's to look at it again. I would think she would have some idea if it would work for her or not.</p><p>Thanks for all the comments!</p>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kwagner1211kwagner1211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Love the dress! If the BMs like it, I say go for it. A tip on the sash though...I asked the store where I got the BM dresses if we could order sashes and they were like $40 each. But I went to Joann's and bought some satin for about $8 and my grandma sewed them all up easily.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think its super cute.  
  • Options
    Beqi42Beqi42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that dress is super cute. It's something I would have if I was having attendants ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards