Missouri-Kansas City

pulled a Donald Trump * "photographer YOU'RE FIRED"

I posted my frustrations about my photographer a few weeks ago regarding the cost of our engagements on a CD... the price of all that was no longer the issue with them. After TWO months had gone by since ordering our STD's, this is what put me over the edge with them...

I called the photographer today since I haven’t received an email from them about when I could pick up our save-the-dates. They answered, I explained to them who I was and asked if someone would be there so that I can finally get my STD’s. Man on phone said, “Of course, we’ll be home all day”…. Me: “Okay, if you’re going to be home all day, how hard would it have been to send a reply message to at least one of the messages I sent to you asking when someone would be available for us to pick these up?” …. Silence. I interrupted the prolonged silence with “So, someone will be home and I can just come by any time this afternoon?” man: “Well, no, we’re not going to wait at home all day just for you” …. ((did he not just tell me he was going to be home 'all day')) “We have errands and other responsibilities to take care of. If you give us an exact time of when you can come, we will try to be here” … TRY />??? Again, did he not just say someone would be home all day?? So frustrated. So I told him I get an hour for lunch and would "try" to be there around 12:30…Since it takes about 15-20 minutes w/o traffic to get there and I said I'd leave at noon. “””Great – see you then”””

SO, I left my work around noon - no traffic :) However, there was road construction and the exit I needed to take was blocked due to this. I had to drive three miles to the next exit, turn around, and when I finally got to their house (@12:35), no one came to the door. I went back to my car and waited 15 minutes before they showed up... They pulled into the driveway and said that since I sounded so serious on the phone this morning about getting my STD's and leaving work at noon and it only taking about 15-20 minutes to get there, when I wasn't there right at 12:30, they left to grab a bite to eat for lunch! ((So, I guess they were serious when they said they weren't going to wait around all day for me)) Had they told me the exit was closed, I would have been able to take the previous exit and go the back way and get there at the time I stated.. especially if I knew they were going to make me wait even MORE than I already have. So, fine, they were there and they had my STD's in a cute little brown bag with blue and brown tissue paper. I asked to look at them first.. they let me in... I asked where the envelopes were since I was previously told the envelopes were included. ""I don't know who told you that, but they are not. You're lucky we have extra from another client""... So they reluctantly gave me the envelopes too, then I told them the truth that I just couldn't afford them. After I calculated tax and everything, it was going to end up costing over $5000!!! Again, he was really short and rude with me and said I would owe them MORE MONEY for cancelling within six months since it has been a few months since I booked. I said very sarcastically "sure thing" and left. I refuse to pay them anymore money.........

Before singing any contract or putting a deposit down, I was contacted within 48 hours any time I had a question about anything that had to do with them and photographing our wedding. As soon as they had their money, it was as if they left the state for weeks. Lack of communication and common customer service is what I refuse to put up with when it comes to the major vendors at my wedding......

Re: pulled a Donald Trump * "photographer YOU'RE FIRED"

• edited December 2011
    Wow....5 thousand? There's no way I would have gone with them either!!
    Buying A Home
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that is a lot for photography and a lot of problems with one photographer!  Sorry you have to change now!
  • edited December 2011
    Who is this photographer?? I am just amazed by your story - so sorry to hear that you are going through all this!

not sure if you have a new photog or not, but my fiance and I just booked Melissa Lin Ellis and so far she has been awesome! Plus, she is very affordable (surprisingly because her pics are amazing). We are getting our whole package for around $1600 (no engagement session, full rights to print pictures and she was running a promo)! I would look into her if I were you.

Best of luck with everything and congrats on your upcoming weding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards