Missouri-Kansas City

Snow day

Who gets a snow day tomorrow?  Is your work actually closed or would you have to take time off?

Re: Snow day

• fireytigerfireytiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I get a snow day, but I'm calling out. For a half mile radius around the place that I work, the roads are NEVER cleaned off, they just let it sit there and wait for it to melt on its own. Last year we actually got stuck in our parking spot because of all the snow and ice. I'm not moving from this spot, lol.
  • edited December 2011
    We don't get snow days but all of the bosses are understanding if you can't make it in. I guess that's what personal days are for! If the roads are not too bad I will likely go in, it's less than 2 miles for me to work. 
  • OpiesladyOpieslady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do, but I'm a teacher.  FI could have worked from home, but decided to brave it and just come home early.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jlichtyjlichty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am working from home today!
    imageAnniversary
  • teamdynamiteteamdynamite member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Snow day for myself and my daughter. We'll be playing games, drinking hot chocolate with marshmallows and watching a movie later today. FI has to be at work at 3pm, so we're enjoying the short amount of time we have doing NWR things today :)
  • nikkifeenikkifee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI is working from home, and my classes were cancelled.... woohoo!!! Although, now that means I have to actually do my hw :( boo!
  • edited December 2011
    work is not closed tomorrow, however we did get to leave early today.  makes me wish there was such thing as snow days in the corporate world lol!
  • KatejMillerKatejMiller member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am tired of snow days!!! I am teaching too and my poor kiddos have been waiting for he 100th Day of School! The day we go back is the 100th Day and I can't wait for all the festivities we've planned! 
  • teamdynamiteteamdynamite member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kate - my daughter's school is also celebrating 100 days! Crazy. I don't think it will happen until Friday. They're out tomorrow as well due to cold temps and ice still on the streets.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards