Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Jewelry, Wedding Party Gifts?

Hi Ladies,

Where did you get your wedding day jewelry?  I found some earrings I LOVE at Mia's, but I'm not about to pay $150 for them!

Also, what are you getting your bridesmaids, groomsmen, ushers for gifts?

Sarah & Craig
My Planning Bio: http://sarahandcraig.weebly.com/
My Married Bio: http://craigandsarahsides.weebly.com/

Re: Jewelry, Wedding Party Gifts?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've found quite a bit I liked out on ESTY but I haven't purchased it yet.  I also found a necklace I love for my bridesmaids gifts too.

We have NO IDEA what we are getting the groomsmen or ushers.  That's on the list to figure out this month. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The neclace I'm wearing is from HS graduation (my something old), and my bracelet was made by FI's aunt (my something blue), but I bought some pretty dangly earrings from Dillards on sale.  I love them, and they cost like $20 on clearance!  :)

For the bridesmaids, I found a way awesome bag (I found it in the luggage section) that each of them will get.  One will have a hair straightener inside.  I'm not sure what I'm putting inside for the other girl.  Our reader and guest book person will each get a basket of goodies (wine, chocolates, etc).

FI is in charge of the guys.  All groomsmen and ushers are getting a beer mug with their names engraved.  Then FI will get each of them a gift card to something they like (ie one gets a Royals gift card, one gets a GC to a golf course, etc).

HTH!

• Options
    AJG456AJG456 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I just figure out what i'm doing for bridesmaids gifts!  All my girls really love wine, so I found a place online where I can personalize the labels, so each girl will get their favorite kind of wine with a label that has a picture of the two of us.  I'm also going to get each one a more unique-to-her gift, llke a fun cookbook for one and something fashion based for another. I still need to figure out all those specific gifts!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found my wedding day jewelry on etsy.
    I bought my bm's necklaces from Tiffany's - it was one of my splurges!
  • Options
    kwagner1211kwagner1211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I picked up my wedding jewelry on sale at JC Penny's. I went with topaz and sliver because it was cheaper and topaz is my birthstone and matches my colors. As for gits, so far the bridesmaids are getting bracelets, jewelry boxes with a photo of us, and purse mirrors in our wedding colors. I still want to do something else personal and have no idea of what to get the guys. Also, how far down the list do you give gifts to people? Guest book attendant yes, but readers or the aunt helping to serve communion?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    kwagner-  I would give a little something to each person who helps you at the wedding.  If they're not doing much, a small gift like a bottle of wine is plenty.  It's mostly just to recognize that they did you a service helping out with the ceremony.
  • Options
    kwagner1211kwagner1211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice Whitney, and I would like to acknowledge their contribution. Plus a bottle of wine goes perfectly with my other gift idea! I had a light blub go off today and realized that those cute decorated wine glasses you see at Hallmark stores would make great bridesmaids gifts!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my necklace is my mom's (my dad gave it to her on their wedding day).  My earrings are swarvoski and i got them off of gilt.com for 70% off.  PM if want an invite (i get 25 dollars if u use it).  I'm trying to find something to use the pearl i bought with the inhertance i got when my grandfather died.  They aren't the right length for a bracelet but maybe in the hair some how or around the flowers (though i'd be afraid to loose them)

For my bm, the are getting bags, necklaces (from kohls...they have some amazing sales), some cosmetic stuff and water bottles.

GM is up to Fi :-D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies,
    I am a custom handmade jewelry designer.  I can make any custom beaded jewelry that you might need for the bride, MOB, bridesmaids, veils/headpieces and more!  Check out my website and email if you might be interested.  I love doing weddings, and being a small part of a bride's perfect day!  I also pride myself in keeping my pieces affordable (necklaces starting at $25, earrings starting at $10, and bracelets starting at $15) and my jewelry fashion forward.
    -Gabrielle Schuller
    http://www.g-design-studio.comhttp://gdesignstudio.etsy.come. gabrielle@g-design-studio.comBoulder, CO
  • Options
    kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dazed-can you invite multiple people to gilt.com?
  • Options
    sarabeth14sarabeth14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My earrings are from Etsy, and I love them.
    http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=26073867
    My necklace is from the store where my FI works.

I got earrings that were all different from JCPenney's and Dillards and clutches that were all different from NY & Co. and Express for the bm, and a necklace from Dillards and pink sparkly flip-flops from Trade Home for the MOH. For the reader, candlelighters, and guestbook attendant, I got little tubes of perfume from Bath and Body Works, and I am going to get them scented soaps from a local store here.

FI got engraved things from Things Remembered for all the guys. He got a beer mug for one, a coaster set for one, a flask for one, and a pocketwatch for one, I think. He got business card holders for the ushers. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards