Missouri-Kansas City

How much is reasonable to spend on makeup for the day of?

How much are you guys spending on makeup for the day of the wedding? I keep finding people online who want like $80 for the bride and $50 for bridesmaids just for makeup. I find that is really ridiculous to spend. I know you can go to makeup counters, etc, but on the day, I won't have time. Our wedding is at 1pm and our photographer is showing up at 11am. Most of the stores don't open until 10am.

I thought about just having myself get makeup done and suggested it to a few bridesmaids and they got upset because they wanted to get their makeup done. So I am trying to find someone who does a good job - I don't want to look like a hooker! But, who also is reasonably priced. Any suggestions? What do you think is reasonable to spend?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How much is reasonable to spend on makeup for the day of?

• kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too think $80 is a little crazy.  I'm sure these people do a great job, but I've looked at their pictures, and unless people have really really bad skin, the girls don't tend to look all that different.  So far one person I came across with reasonable prices was Bronze & Beauty, but I haven't worked with them at all yet, just contacted for prices and information.  Let me know if you find someone!!!  Weddingwire.com has quite a few choices, I would check there for some more options, and they also have reviews.
  • edited December 2011
    I've known several brides who 3 months before the wedding contacted beauty schools and talked with an instructor.  They asked about students who showed particular talent in makeup artistry and scheduled a trial with them.  Because it is at a discounted rate the trials were really inexpensive.  Also, if the student is more interested in being paid rather than getting hours for school most would be willing to come to you.

Just make sure you do at least 1 trial because these students are, well, students.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Be Chic Brides.  I'm using Emily.  She charges $45 per person but has a minimum of 5 people.  It was actually perfect because I have me and four BMs.  She is doing the FG for free since its only blush and lip gloss.  
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Tricia Root. It's costing $105. That includes the trial and day of. She charged $25 if you're the only person getting yours done which is included in my price. I like her for a reason you said, to not look like a hooker. lol It looks natural but she enhances your looks. 

HTH!
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using the salon I'm getting my hair done at.  It is a little expensive about $75 for the bridal makeup but everyone else is less.  I'm using an Aveda salon - not my first choice but my mom only uses their make up and offered to pay if I went with them so that made my choice pretty easy.  I did talk with Be Chic and she is super nice and was very resonsive.  I would have used her if not for my mom's request.

HTH.
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting mine done by a group of girls who sale a product called motives. The product is awesome. They came over to do a make up party and I got all the information for my wedding. They did the party for free so I could see the quality of their work. For the wedding make up they are charing me $50 for mine $25 for everyone else. no matter how many. They are bringing in 5 girls to do the make up, plus the trial is all included for me and everyone else who is getting it done the day of.  so cant beat the price. If you want a contact number let me know.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards