July 2012 Weddings
Options

Reception / Emergency Shoes

I'm thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a pair of emergency shoes for the second half of the reception. My wedding heels are about 3 or 3.5 inches, which to me is not that bad (I think my shower shoes were 4.5 lol), but it will be a long day so I'm sure eventually my feet will get tired.

Originally, I was just going to get some kind of flats or even flip flops, but then it occurred to me that my dress would be dragging if I lose those 3-3.5 inches of height since it has been hemmed to hit juuuuuust above the floor in my wedding heels. I love the length of it with my heels on, so I don't want to shorten it any further.

Anyone else have a similar problem? Are you just going to suck it up and let the dress drag a little if you lose your heels? The only other thing I can think of is to get some kind of flat with a platform...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reception / Emergency Shoes

• Options
    I'll let it drag with flats for a bit until I change into my second dress.  I would let it drag anyways becasue my heals are about 3.5 inches as well and to find flats that high will be quite difficult.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I still need to break in my heels, because the strap over the toes kills me right now! My heels are 4 inches I think, which is no big thing, it's just that damn strap. I'm planning on bringing the peeptoe platform pumps that I wore for my shower as backup. They're still heels obv, so my dress won't drag, but I think just having my foot in a different shoe might help after a while.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I was thinking about doing the same thing. I looked into wedges, and you can find cute ones even wedding ones that have anywhere from a 1.5-3.5" heel. I think I may get some foam wedges in like 2.5" for my late night shoes because I know my feet will get tired.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just thougth about this the other day too!!  I def do not want my dress to be dragging so I went out and bought a pair of Tom wedges.  I figured I can break them in and they should be more comfotable then my actual wedding heals so that makes me excited!

These are my emergency shoes
    http://www.toms.com/wedding-collection/brides/ivory-grossgrain-women-s-wedges
  • Options
    I am buying a pair of wedge flip flops that are about 3".
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Our ceremony is outdoors so I'll wear wedges for that and then I found some darling blue salsa shoes for the reception.  Ballroom/salsa shoes are the way to go as they are meant to be worn for hours of dancing!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Colleen - OMG I had no idea Tom's had a wedding line! That literally just blew my mind. I have never had a pair of Tom's before, but I think it's a cool business model so I might just give it a go. Thank you!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think I'm going to have shoes- my shoes are already comfortable enough (hopefully!) and if they just hurt I may just put on flip flops or go barefeet? A lot of my friends throw off their shoes on the dance floor.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Bmore, I was going to suggest the TOMS wedges, too! :) They're not as comfortable as the flats, in my experience, but they've gotta be more comfortable than heels!

These are my backup shoes (I already own them for shower and just general summer-related purposes): http://www.lillypulitzer.com/product/Accessories-Shoes/Shoes/entity/pc/61/c/62/235.uts?swatchName=Natural

I figured they'd be about the size of my regular shoes, which are the Jimmy Choos and have almost a 5'' heel but a 1'' platform in front, so really like a 4'' heel (ouch). They hurt but they're gorgeous, so I'll suck it up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

the Toms wedges immediately popped into my mind too!!! i have four pairs of Toms and I LOVE THEM.

but, my dress needs no hemming and is the perfect height for my flats that I had made, so I am just wearing flats the day....sorry I am no help otherwise!! It's actually a good thing I decided on just wearing flats because my dress would have been too short if I ended up getting 3 or 4 inch heels to wear on the wedding day! oh, the agonies of being awkwardly tall....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards