Missouri-Kansas City
Options

The Elms in October

I'm getting married at The Elms in October and was wondering if anybody else will be getting married there around the same time?  I'm concerned about the quality of the chair covers and am curious to hear what other brides have done.  Thanks!

Re: The Elms in October

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i am getting married at the elms in october too!  what weekend are u getting married?  I've heard mixed reviews abt the chair covers that they have for the gazebo.  I thought about getting chair covers for the room, but decided against it.  I was going to go with hookupmywedding.com .  Apparently Amanda has had a bad experience with them though
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went out a couple months ago and looked at them ( I am getting married there is September 2011) and they looked to be in great shape.  I am getting married outside so they will have chair covers for that but I am going through another company to do the chair covers with sashes for indoors ( b/c the Elms cannot supply it)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married 10.02.10.  My mom said she looked at the chair covers a couple of months ago and noticed many of them had holes or stains that were clearly noticeable.  Also, I was not told that the chairs in the ballroom wouldn't be covered...guess I need to ask Lacee or Amanda about that.  Thanks for the input!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just a follow-up ladies...

When we originally met with Amanda she told us white chair covers would be provided for the ballroom.  Then I read your comments and had a mini panic attack before contacting Amanda to figure out if they would or would not provide covers.  She told me nope, they could not provide them.  THEN Lacee said yes they can provide them, as long as the guest count is under 150 guests.  I think I've actually decided to go without them, but wanted to give you guys a heads-up! 

Hope your planning experiences with The Elms have been better than mine!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards