Missouri-Kansas City

Hotel suggesion for boudior pictures

Hello:

My future sil is wanting to get boudior pictures, does anyone have any suggestions on what hotel she might use? (The photographer she is using isn't from KC and neither is my future sil) I'm not familar with any of the area hotels.

TIA

Re: Hotel suggesion for boudior pictures

• Is she looking for something fancy, unique, old fashioned...??? 
  • you know I don't know. LOL....At first she was looking for something with a 4 poster bed, but we discovered that we would have to go to like a b&b in the area for one of those. I would say fancy and or unique. I'm waiting to hear back from Chateau Avalon. We don't want to get kicked out for bringing camera stands and lights into the hotel so we are calling around first.

• I think Chateau Avalon would be your best bet for something unique and fun.  You rent the room and as long as the pictures are for personal use and you don't break anything, they really don't care what you bring in.  Sounds like fun!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_hotel-suggesion-boudior-pictures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:f5d15410-72a0-4662-96a4-1b7e042aa2c0Post:35b9a052-06ec-40b9-9a49-20fd4878f121">Re: Hotel suggesion for boudior pictures</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think Chateau Avalon would be your best bet for something unique and fun.  You rent the room and as long as the pictures are for personal use and you don't break anything, they really don't care what you bring in.  Sounds like fun!
    Posted by Micaela2007[/QUOTE]

I agree this would be a good choice!  If it's not an option you could always bring in your own bedding to give the shot the feel you're looking for....black satin sheets, etc and then you'd get to keep them for later :-)  You could always ask to check out a few rooms in the nicer hotels downtown.
  • I may be too late for this post... I did bourdouir pics at Chateau Avalon and they were great! They even let us borrow a fan so we could get the "windblown" hair effect!
  • thanks ladies, we are going to go tour Chateau Availon this week. (I still can't believe its been here as long as it has and I still haven't been in.)
  • edited March 2012
    I had mine done by Allure Imagery at the Chateau Avalon in the Venetian room.  Used the bed, in front of the window, and got into the tub with bubbles for some more risque photos :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards