Missouri-Kansas City

Biggest fear on the day of?

A post on the Oct 2010 board got me thinking.  What is everyone's biggest fear for the day of their wedding?  Mine probably falls on under the TMI category so I will share if you want.

Re: Biggest fear on the day of?

• prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm worried about people not having fun or there not being enough food. I'm sure if will all be fine, but eh, I'm still scared. I told the WP they need to be out on the floor dancing and being ridiculous to keep the party going, haha

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    Tell us!  Tell us!

I had two big fears, both irrational.  I was terrified I wouldn't fit into my dress, and I was also really worried that a vendor wasn't going to show up (no one in particular, just generalized worries).

Pridee- don't worry too much!  If you're up and having fun, everyone else will follow.
  • edited December 2011
    Mine was rain!!  We had a trolley to drive us around the Westbottoms for photos.  I'm not sure what we would have done had it rained, but I'm so glad it didn't!!!!
    Sarah & Craig
    My Planning Bio: http://sarahandcraig.weebly.com/
    My Married Bio: http://craigandsarahsides.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Ok....here is mine.  Chrissy may have already read it 10/2010 board.

TMI ALERT!
    I get an upset stomach of a different kind when I get nervous.  Let's just say things go out instead of come up...  So I am irrationally worried that I will be watching my BMs walk down the aisle, arm in arm with my dad and have to go.  No one would be able to help me go because they'd already be down the aisle.  I'd have to cowboy stradle the toilet and contort to wipe.  Then I come out and everyone knows I just did a two (because everyone who knows me knows I have nervous poo syndrome).  It would be horrifyingly embarrassing.  Thus I will be taking a laxative tea Thursday night before the wedding on Saturday (sometimes the one I take doesn't kick in for 24 hours).  

You all know my darkest secret that only my mom, FI, and MOH know.  

Chrissy, you seem (are) pretty fun so I wouldn't worry about your wedding not being fun.  Laughing
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw Nichole! Don't worry, you are not alone. I know at least one other girl who has the same issue. You'll be okay, I'm sure, especially since you're preparing for it.

Make sure you use the restroom before you get in your dress, too, as that will probably help! I know that's one of my slightly smaller fears, having to use the powder room in my dress!

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    Nichole - doing a laxative is a good idea! Also stay away from food that has fiber in it. :)

I'm afraid things won't get done. That's always been my problem with events. Thankfully I have a BM that has promised to knock some sense into me if I freak out. I also put someone in charge who's good under stressful conditions to take care of things and make sure they get done. 
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm afraid I'll start crying during the ceremony and not be able to stop.  Then my make up will be ruined, and I'll look like an idiot, and our 10 minute ceremony will take 20!
  • edited December 2011
    Chrissy, I saw an interesting story on one of the bridal blogs I browse through every once in awhile about potty time in your wedding dress.  I think it would an option for you since your dress isn't as poofy.  Well, I can't find the link but the basics are as follows:

1. Pull down underwear and take one leg out
    2. Grab your train/skirt in one hand and face the toilet
    3. Stradle the toilet like a horse
    4. Do your biz
    5. Waddle back up after biz is finished and you're done!

My dress has quite a bit of poof to it so that wouldn't work for me but maybe it will help others!
  • nikkifeenikkifee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Engutshall, I feel your pain! I was diagnosed with IBS about 10 years ago, and I've been so worried I would get so nervous, that it would make me too sick to walk down the aisle! I went to the doctor the other day to get on prescription meds for it now, so we'll see how those go!! I've already told my MOH that the morning of my wedding, she's in charge of keeping me calm! ha ha
  • edited December 2011
    Eggnutshell- no worries- I one of my best friends has the same problem.  It sounds like you have a plan, so don't worry too much.

BTW, I was kind of scared to go the the bathroom in my dress because I didn't want to have to ask my BMs to hold it for me.  I actually never had to go in it, but I did practice straddling the toilet once or twice so I'd be ready if I had to.  Other girls I've talked to (with dresses bigger than mine) said it worked like a charm!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_biggest-fear-day-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:f76bf32a-e248-4648-bb69-1f959f53f2f0Post:e34268f1-ac9f-4a8d-ba71-dc099b7fcd99">Re: Biggest fear on the day of?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chrissy, I saw an interesting story on one of the bridal blogs I browse through every once in awhile about potty time in your wedding dress.  I think it would an option for you since your dress isn't as poofy.  Well, I can't find the link but the basics are as follows: 1. Pull down underwear and take one leg out 2. Grab your train/skirt in one hand and face the toilet 3. Stradle the toilet like a horse 4. Do your biz 5. Waddle back up after biz is finished and you're done! My dress has quite a bit of poof to it so that wouldn't work for me but maybe it will help others!
    Posted by engutshall[/QUOTE]

I think I remember seeing that! I think it also mentioned something about checking the venue bathroom floors before the reception, and making sure the staff cleaned them if they weren't in top shape, just in case the emergency comes up, haha. Thanks for the tip!

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    I think my biggest fear is the things that I have NO control over - mainly what guests do if they have too much to drink. I don't think this will be an issue, but never say never!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_biggest-fear-day-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:f76bf32a-e248-4648-bb69-1f959f53f2f0Post:ea61410d-8142-446c-9883-d129b4c22a05">Re: Biggest fear on the day of?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok....here is mine.  Chrissy may have already read it 10/2010 board. TMI ALERT! I get an upset stomach of a different kind when I get nervous.
    Posted by engutshall[/QUOTE]

Try taking an immodium tablet a couple of hours before the ceremony. My understanding is that immodium more or less paralyzes your gut for several hours, so you should be ok.
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_biggest-fear-day-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:f76bf32a-e248-4648-bb69-1f959f53f2f0Post:72483868-3ca3-4d1f-9497-f45b7582d955">Re: Biggest fear on the day of?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think my biggest fear is the things that I have NO control over - mainly what guests do if they have too much to drink. I don't think this will be an issue, but never say never!
    Posted by cebw29[/QUOTE]

I hear ya with that, I don't think anyone will get too crazy drunk, but my FI's family is very "country" and some of them are refusing to wear anything but jeans and requesting PBR and shiltz to drink!  I just don't want to have to deal with any party poopers or complainers!
  • edited December 2011

Mine is that nothing will be setup up correctly at the reception site (since I won't see it before the guests arrive) or that a vendor won't show up and we won't have food or drinks.  I'm also the person who at friend's weddings runs around helping do all the last minute stuff - I'm worried there won't be anyone like that at my wedding and I"ll have to be running around - completely irrational since everyone keeps telling me they would love to help out but I'm still nervous.

• Jen72682Jen72682 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Eggnutshell - I have the same problem!! That is my biggest fear too!! I never thought about taking a laxative though... Definitely a good idea!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kwagner1211kwagner1211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

It's so good to know I'm not alone either! I also have irritable bowels when I get anxious. Usually for me it's traveling or something I'm really excited about. I also have an irrational fear of not being able to pee when I need to, so I end up going a ton of times before getting on a plane or on a car ride and I'm afraid that'll happen to. I'm like everyone else and I don't want to use the bathroom much in my dress. Although Whitney, I have no idea how you went the whole night and didn't have that problem! My last knawing fear is that I'll forget something or forget to make a plan for something. I just don't want it to go by in a blur like everyone says it does.

• edited December 2011

My ceremony is outdoors, so I would rather it not rain - however, it won't ruin the day so my bigger concern will probably be my dogs staying at home all day without seeing me or FI. The house will probably be a disaster when we get home!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_biggest-fear-day-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:f76bf32a-e248-4648-bb69-1f959f53f2f0Post:345b3118-0189-46b1-a7c6-85c674e5f265">Re: Biggest fear on the day of?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Biggest fear on the day of? : Try taking an immodium tablet a couple of hours before the ceremony. My understanding is that immodium more or less paralyzes your gut for several hours, so you should be ok.
    Posted by oogiejonz[/QUOTE]

<div>My fiance has the same issue, and immodium is the one thing that helps keep him from having to go and it kicks in almost instantly for him.</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Beqi42Beqi42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am definetly terrified that I won't fit into my dress. I have plenty of time, but it's scary.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards