Missouri-Kansas City

Yikes.

I'm getting married in 6 days and have turned into a total bawl-baby.  Everything is making me cry.  Hope I get it all out before the wedding.  Any advice on how to stay calm?  

Re: Yikes.

• edited December 2011
    I would try to stay busy with things that don't have anything to do with a wedding. Like hanging out with your friends, watching a movie or reading a book. I feel like all those things have helped keep me grounded.

Also, some bit of advice I've read from other brides is if they cried on the wedding day, people found it really sweet and to just smile through it all. 

And I can't believe it's almost here - congrats Nichole!! You'll be beautiful. :)
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I second what Blondnette said.  The only thing that has kept me sane is finding other things to occupy my mind.  On Friday night I just sat down and read a really fluffy book to destress and it helped SO much. 

Take deep breaths, we're almost there!
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You are gonna have to let me know how you guys keep sane, b/c i'm sooo gonna be there next week.  EECK!.  I don't know if this helps at all but the weather servie has the weather on ur wedding day as being beautiful!  Here is the hourly forecast (LINK)
    Low winds, no rain, mostly sunny, and a high of 71!
  • edited December 2011
    Just relax as much as you can.  Or keep busy.  The week before the weddnig, I just hung out with my sister pretty much thw whole time and finished last minute things like putting the programs together.  I took plenty of time to relax, read silly magazines, eat goodies, take walks, etc.

I didn't cry until the wedding ceremony.  When H started saying his vows, it made me tear up, and then my voice cracked when I said mine.  He actually did the same thing.  It was sweet.  They're happy/excited tears, so it's all good if the water works come!
  • Jen72682Jen72682 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are almost there Nichole!

I totally understand how you feel, I just think you should relax and enjoy it!! I am sure it will go by faster then you know it! Try hanging out with friends or watching a movie or whatever makes you relax! Drink a glass of wine!!

Maybe having a good cry will make you feel a lot better? Sometimes when I have been holding it in and give myself a good cry I feel a lot better. Just relax, if you cry on your wedding day, it is totally ok! The day is all about you and Rusty!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw, I have a feeling I am going to be totally the same way that last week. I already cry at weird, random times. Just make sure you're getting enough sleep (I've been taking valerian root which helps ease anxiety and is a natural sleep aide) so that you don't get over-tired/cranky, which I tend to do in periods of stress. You are going to be such an amazingly beautiful bride and I'm so excited that you're almost there!! :D

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    I guess I cry at weird things, too. I got a little teary-eyed reading everyone's posts. Haha, I'm such a dork! I can't wait for next summer!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  I can't wait until we're all back from our honeymoons and photos are up.  There are so many October brides in KC.  I almost made it through today without crying, until my co-workers and students threw me a surprise bridal shower!  Water works all over again, but good tears.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards