Missouri-Kansas City

Re: deleted by user

• edited December 2011
    FI and I hired our coordinator to take care of day-of stuff. She will come to the reception where we will give her all the final payments, guest book, etc and she will bring them to the ceremony. Her and her team are in charge of decorating the ceremony/reception spaces, handing out tips and final payments, handling issues that may arise, keeping everyone on schedule, cleaning up at the end of the evening, and about a million other things. I think it is worth the money because my family, my FI and I will be able to enjoy the day without worrying about everything.

A coordinator is a good way to make sure that all elements of the wedding come together smoothly.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Usually the florist takes care of decorating everything the day of:)
  • edited December 2011
    Kisabell is right....and most reception venues have coordinators that will help facilitate and set up as well.
  • edited December 2011
    My venue doesn't provide anyone to help with things like that and my florist doesn't do anything except the flowers. I too hired a day of coordinator and she has already been amazing. She will take care of the rehearsal and everything the day of. I have already met with her twice and we have 2 more meetings scheduled and a walk-thru. For the $300 is cost me it was well worth the money to not have that stress!
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in the same as 4everbridesmaid, my venue doesn't do all those little things. Our coordinator will just be for the weekend and will be delivering all the out of town bags, getting and returning rentals (tuxs), setting up wedding and reception, bringing all the things from wedding to reception, make sure all vendors are there, getting all presents to my parents house, getting all leftovers and the decorations back to my parents. All in all, for the amount we are paying, its so worth it to not have my parents stressed the day of!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_putting-day-together?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:fb129813-a129-4539-9f2e-2702304fa712Post:94c2720a-80f7-43c0-b243-65a5ad46df40">Re: putting day together</a>:
    [QUOTE]That sounds like what I am looking for! Did she do all the planning as well, or did you select all the vendors ect and she is just taking care of day of things? Who did you end up going with?
    Posted by Kassyleh[/QUOTE]

FI and I are in charge of selecting and booking the vendors, however we have emailed her more than once for recommendations. She will be there to coordinate the vendors, etc the day of. We are using Sharon at KISS Events. She has been amazing!
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards