Missouri-Kansas City

recs for engagement shot locations

Howdy ladies! I am originally from Texas and have only lived in KC for a little over two years. I know the DFW area like the back of my hand and knew ALL the places for e-pics, but I am at a total loss for ideas right now. FI and I don't have a "regular" place we go a lot, we don't go out to eat or have a favorite bar. We both kind of like the idea of going to Worlds of Fun, but I've never been there - plus, I'm not sure he wants to add photogs admission to our cost. Where did you ladies go or where are you having yours done? We're scheduled for a 3:30pm, March 12, appointment. Just in time for Spring break. :) TIA

Re: recs for engagement shot locations

• edited December 2011
    Union Station, The Plaza and Losse Park.
  • jenajjthrjenajjthr member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Loose Park is great in the spring because of their rose garden.  The fountain on the Plaza is well known for wedding pics. Worlds of Fun has some lovely places in it.  Check out Price Chopper for lower admission prices. 
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The West Bottoms can be a cool place to go.
  • christie4673christie4673 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer has suggested we go to Loose Park's rose garden as well as Unity Village.  We want to go to the Plaza as well as we had our 1st date on the Plaza. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • snok83snok83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did Loose Park in the fall.  Beautiful park and we found plenty of shots with the brick work, flower garden, many trees, bridges and lake, etc.  They say it is very pretty in spring too.  I know that the Unity Village cost $40 if you prebook with them to take pictures on their grounds.  I heard of others getting kicked off the property since they didn't pay to get theirs done there.  Something to consider with Unity Village.  I would also consider what type of background you would like-- outdoors, railroad tracks, downtown and brick buildings, etc. 
  • edited December 2011
    We had ours at Loose Park in late fall and loved it. It's popular in the spring, too.
  • christie4673christie4673 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the heads up about the cost of Unity Village!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think loose park is overdone and I feel like everyone takes e-pics and family pics there (sorry girls).  We did ours at P&L and our photographer said she had never done a full engagment shoot there before so it was really cool!  I also had a friend that did hers in crossroads and her photos looked awesome and also unique.

Here's a link to the photographers blog about our epics in the p&l:

http://www.sarahdickersonblog.com/engagement-sessions/anastasia-ben-engaged-kansas-citys-power-and-light-district/

• edited December 2011
    I'm going to agree with Loose park being a great place, just because there are so many different places. I also love the bottoms, because there is some cool urban areas that give the photos a different view. I'd recommend looking at your photographers pics, and picking the ones you like, and see where those are.
  • lauraf1202lauraf1202 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Liberty Memorial
  • teamdynamiteteamdynamite member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all the KC places! Liberty Memorial just reminds me of 'rockfest' - FI and I went last year, so that's an idea.

Loose Park looked pretty, too! Idk about all the gardens and greenery... P&L looks like a fun place! I love wherever the "cowboy/cowgirl/rodeo" is in the background on the bldg.

I didn't know about WOF being closed 'til April 15 - but it's still something to consider. We can always change our date :) Thanks again, ladies. Keep 'em comin.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards