Ohio-Columbus
Options

Transportation

So I was just wondering what people think about transportation. I have only been to a hand full of weddings and they all have had a limo take them places but then my friends said she has been in 3 and they make them drive. So i was wondering what you think becuase our ceremony is about 25 minutes away from the venue and we want to do pictures in between but i am not quite sure if i am willing to spend almost a grand for transportation. Any ideas?

Re: Transportation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's really up to you. Our reception is about 20 minutes away also and we are stopping at two locations to take pictures. We decided to hire a limo bus because we didn't want any of our wedding party getting lost since quite a few are from out of town. Also since we only have limited time it will keep things speedy since we will all be together. We are renting from Columbus Transportation and for 3.5 hours it's under $500
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a bit of time between our ceremony and reception, and we wanted to go a few places downtown and around our ceremony and reception venues. I had never been in a limo and my husband has been in a couple weddings with traditional limos and Hummer limos. He wanted a trolley for our wedding and I reluctantly agreed. But I'm glad I did because it was so much fun! We had 10 people in it with plenty of room, brought food and alcohol, and our head photographer rode with us and got some great shots. I rode in a limo for the first time last weekend for a co-worker/friend's bachelorette party and we also had 10 people. I felt it was a little crammed, I kept bumping my head going in and out (later the driver said "scoot and swivel" - if I had to do that in my wedding dress, my dress would have ripped), and every time there was a turn or a stop everyone dramatically swung around inside. Happy we opted for the trolley for our wedding, and we spent around $600-something for 4 hours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards