April 2013 Weddings
Options

Anyone else?

Fighting with their fiancee? We seem to be at each other's throats lately which is VERY rare...we never fight. And it seems to be about money and wedding stuff. I know I'm a little hormonal/emotional right now but I'm just starting to get worried. I know we still have nine months, but I'm freaking out about not having enought $$ in the end for everything. Am I being completely unreasonable?

Oh yea, and he thinks I should go on Xanax or something to calm myself down.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anyone else?

• Options
    omg yes! i think its more my fault i seem to be very critical of him lately..i donno maybe all the stress that we are both under..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_anyone-else?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:0b7ff007-d86e-474c-85af-6b291c37201bPost:ec124a6e-d978-4c60-8ab4-6a13cbb865e1">Re: Anyone else?</a>:
    [QUOTE]omg yes! i think its more my fault i seem to be very critical of him lately..i donno maybe all the stress that we are both under..
    Posted by nay1984[/QUOTE]

Apparently I have been too. He said I've called him stupid recently (don't even remember saying it) and it really got to him. I told him I feel the same way when he calls me crazy. It just seems like so much is going on right now, we're not even able to enjoy each other's company.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just consider yourself lucky girls... I wish I could fight with the fiance.... He is currently living in a different state due to work....

But just remember the best part of fighting  ;)
  • Options
    Oh yes! I am happy you posted this! We fight about spending money when we need to save it for the wedding. Also he irritates me much more lately. I think its wedding stress, plus when you get engaged you notice annoying habits and such more because you know you will have to live with them forever! I think its pretty normal. I hope :
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
  • Options
     i bought my dress on this  website ,  www.kissdresses.com
     it saved me much money ,but it's didn't meant it was a poor quality ,iversely ,high quality ,what's  more , i get a custom dress ,but paid no exra money ,,,i  hope it's beneficial to u .,,,
    congratulations 
  • Options
    Yes, I think it's somewhat normal. It's a very stressful time, and a lot of effort and money is being put into one day. We've had some disagreements and arguments. But we're always able to get past them. It's tough! You're not alone :)
  • Options
    adawn i think you nailed it
    i am more on him now for his faults....

ok lets all try to play nice ;)  we do love them...they just arent as smart as us ;) jk
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lol Nay : Yeah we gotta play a little nicer : So glad this is normal and Im not just a mean girl all of the sudden. Wedding stress is hard. And those annoying things arent really that bad.. Except the snoring!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
  • Options
    Glad I'm not the only one! I've been feeling a little like a nutjob lately. But yes, let's all play nice :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mmmm, haven't been fighting. But that could be because I can't get much of anything out of him. Except about once a week he comes out with everything he thinks is wrong with whatever venues we've looked at that week. Go fig.
  • Options
    We're not exactly fighting, but I definitely have made comments about his golfing addiction haha because I'd rather we save money for the wedding. I have a similar fear of not having enough money at the end, especially because it seems the wedding gets more expensive as we look at more vendors and such! But it'll work out. We've got time to go, which means we can both change our behavior. I'm working voluntary overtime and have started to look at DIY stuff. You're definitely not alone tho! It's a major process and money is stressful no matter what the occasion.

It also helps me to keep in mind that the BEST part about the wedding is actually getting married! And that will be great no matter what the food tastes like or if there are pretty flowers around. But I am definitely detail oriented and I want all the money and effort to be worth it, so yes, I hear ya! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • Options
    vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

My FI and I have been fighting more lately as well. We just have too much going on. We don't live together yet, and have opposite work schedules so we see eachother 2 days a week; Sundays and Mondays. Besides working full time he got another part time job and he works 9-5 Sunday, and I work until 330 on Mondays and then we have our softball games. So our time together is minimal; the last thing he wants to do on a Sunday after work is look at centerpieces or cake designs. Heck, I don't want to do that either, BUT it has to get done.

He thinks I only care about the wedding, that is such BS, I am the anti-bride. but nothing gives me more anxiety then not having something figured out. So I don't care what decisions are made, just as long as they get done lol.

• Options
    I think it's pretty normal! The careful thing is to just not become like those girls on Bridezillas- where they are fighting with their FI all the time over silly wedding stuff lol. I told my FI to tell me if I ever got anything close to that haha. But yes- we've fought more too. Mainly over money issues and because he gets tired of hearing wedding stuff, but I have no one else I want to bug talking about it, so it's him!! And TK :p
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Today he is on my last nerve!! Since we live in different countries he has a few things he needs to do on his end, and its like talking to a brick wall!! Its all i can do not to constantly nag him and lecture him. --ok be zen, ashley-

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March siggy:THE DRESS
    photo practically_perfect_2_zpsb1ba38c6.jpg
  • Options
    We don't fight in general, but there have deffinitly been a few more tearful discussions (largely centered around money) recently compared to normally. I'm sure there will be more, but neither of us likes conflict, and we try to work through it as quickly as possible. At the end of one such discussion when I was still crying, fi put his arm around me and told me he still loves me and wants to marry me and nothing will change that. That was a great moment I will always remember.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
  • Options
    With all the planning, expenses and stress, I think its very normal.  My two cents would be to make sure you re-evaluate goals/plans for the wedding - if fighting over money increases, then maybe its time to sit down and revise the budget and expectations and then stick to them.  And get out for a date night that is free of ANY wedding talk.  I think those kind of things can go a long way to keep the peace throughout the process. 

And the best advice I have ever heard is that the whole goal of the one day, is to be married.  So at the end of the day if you marry your man, the rest of the details are just an added bonus.  It's easy to get so caught up in the details, the fairytale ideals and all the options you can have versus what you really need.  I have to remind myself of this all the time!
    February Siggy Challenge - Bridesmaid Dresses - April 2013 Board

No bridesmaids, just my flower girl

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards