April 2013 Weddings
Options

We Said Yes to the Dress!!

Re: We Said Yes to the Dress!!

• Options
    I ordered my dress last week!! 

My sample was also a little larger than the one I ordered, and I'm also scared to upload the pics to my computer b/c I share with the fiance and I don't want him to accidentally get an early peek! So here it is on a gorgeous model, hope I do it justice:

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_we-said-yes-to-the-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:0baa52bb-d113-46e8-a8ca-504fa4cae6dbPost:3fdc49a6-2bcd-4d9e-9d64-9583f06c5e90">Re: We Said Yes to the Dress!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I tried on about 50 ball gowns, which is what I thought I wanted, then I found this and I never looked back.
    Posted by mistygurl26[/QUOTE]

Ooooh -- Love it!
  • Options
    I spent a few weeks debating between two Essense of Australia dresses - D904 and D1042...and the latter one is the winner! I just need to order it now...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • Options
    These dresses all look so amazing, I'm very jealous I haven't found mine yet.  I can't wait to find it and then post. 
    THe search will continue, any helpful tips you can send my way would be great :o)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I would say, try not to rule out a dress without trying it on first. I know there are definitely some that are non-negotiable because you wouldn't be caught dead in it...but there might be others you should try on just to see what it looks like on, because it'll look different than just hanging up.

My 2 favorite dresses, one of which was the dress I eventually chose, were not dresses I normally would have gone for. I thought I knew what I wanted when I first started looking (pickups, satin, etc) and ruled out a lot of dresses if they didn't meet that criteria...then I realized those dresses really weren't ME at all. So I went back to the first shop again and looked thru other dresses, and found one I'd missed (Essense D904). At another store I picked out Essense D1042 to 'try on for fun,' not thinking I'd want the princessy ballgown style...and then it was BEAUTIFUL on! I still had to spend a few weeks debating between those 2 dresses, but just imagine if I'd never given them the chance?? :)

Do you have a family member or friend to help you out in your dress quest?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_we-said-yes-to-the-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:0baa52bb-d113-46e8-a8ca-504fa4cae6dbPost:1f761003-5821-4934-8d40-d28b881c2cfa">Re: We Said Yes to the Dress!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]These dresses all look so amazing, I'm very jealous I haven't found mine yet.  I can't wait to find it and then post.  THe search will continue, any helpful tips you can send my way would be great :o)
    Posted by lpowers1118[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 225 Invited
    image 154 Are MIA!
  • Options

I'm about to say yes to this dress!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_we-said-yes-to-the-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:0baa52bb-d113-46e8-a8ca-504fa4cae6dbPost:9dc02d22-02eb-4a84-a147-df809246095d">Re: We Said Yes to the Dress!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would say, try not to rule out a dress without trying it on first. I know there are definitely some that are non-negotiable because you wouldn't be caught dead in it...but there might be others you should try on just to see what it looks like on, because it'll look different than just hanging up. My 2 favorite dresses, one of which was the dress I eventually chose, were not dresses I normally would have gone for. I thought I knew what I wanted when I first started looking (pickups, satin, etc) and ruled out a lot of dresses if they didn't meet that criteria...then I realized those dresses really weren't ME at all. So I went back to the first shop again and looked thru other dresses, and found one I'd missed (Essense D904). At another store I picked out Essense D1042 to 'try on for fun,' not thinking I'd want the princessy ballgown style...and then it was BEAUTIFUL on! I still had to spend a few weeks debating between those 2 dresses, but just imagine if I'd never given them the chance?? :) Do you have a family member or friend to help you out in your dress quest? In Response to Re: We Said Yes to the Dress!! :
    Posted by mabapunta[/QUOTE]

I have some very wonderful women in my life that are very excited about going and doing the dress thing all the time.  However, I'm not that in to it where I only want to do it and talk about it.  Plus, the few stores I have gone to with them they have completely take over the appt and since I'm a huge pushover I end up losing my opinion.  I think from here on out I'm going by myself and then once I find one or two that I can't pick between I'll bring someone in for a second opinion. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Duckie731 -- That's a beautiful dress!

Yes, I agree - go by yourself and then there's no pressure to cater to anyone else. Hopefully none of the dress shops will be pushy. Good luck!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_we-said-yes-to-the-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:0baa52bb-d113-46e8-a8ca-504fa4cae6dbPost:3646ab43-470c-4615-830b-e0d97f07e9fd">Re: We Said Yes to the Dress!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Said Yes to the Dress!! : I have some very wonderful women in my life that are very excited about going and doing the dress thing all the time.  However, I'm not that in to it where I only want to do it and talk about it.  Plus, the few stores I have gone to with them they have completely take over the appt and since I'm a huge pushover I end up losing my opinion.  I think from here on out I'm going by myself and then once I find one or two that I can't pick between I'll bring someone in for a second opinion. 
    Posted by lpowers1118[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 225 Invited
    image 154 Are MIA!
  • Options
    KamakananiKamakanani member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I'm about to say yes to the dress!!  It's an Alfred Angelo...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

One thing to remember: The wedding is just one day. The marriage is all the rest of them.

April 2012 Siggy Challenge: Cake Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_we-said-yes-to-the-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:0baa52bb-d113-46e8-a8ca-504fa4cae6dbPost:1799bf80-ba1a-450c-a870-1cc8d9eb1314">Re: We Said Yes to the Dress!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This one was a little too big for me when I tried it on but it will be perfect for my outdoor, garden/lake ceremony.  The fabric is taffeta but it's not one of those loud taffetas...nice and airy so I'll keep cool in Carolina ;-)
    Posted by lch0708[/QUOTE]

I love your dress!  Especially the neckline....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    MARCH SIGGY CHALLENGE (for April 2013 brides): Bridesmaid dresses Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Hi everyone!
    I haven't posted on this board yet, but here is my dress. It's an Alfred Angelo.  I can't wait to wear it on 4/20/13!

• Options
    Ah, all of these dresses are gorgeous. I can't wait to start really shopping, trying things on and choosing mine. I've got some definite ideas as to why styles I like but I'm unsure whether I'll be able to find something within my budget! I think I definitely have champagne style with a beer budget, ha.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I got this from David's Bridal, it fit the traditional, yet simple, vibe I was going for. I think I will have a poofier slip though to make the skirt bigger, and I may change it into a more pronounced sweetheart neckline.  It's very pretty and flattering on! And on sale for pretty cheap ;) not bad!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_we-said-yes-to-the-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:0baa52bb-d113-46e8-a8ca-504fa4cae6dbPost:8c9ae387-5c22-4339-bdcc-0431d4f1425c">Re: We Said Yes to the Dress!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]  I'm about to say yes to this dress!!
    Posted by Duckie731[/QUOTE]

I said yes to this dress today!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_we-said-yes-to-the-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:0baa52bb-d113-46e8-a8ca-504fa4cae6dbPost:e76b932f-2b32-4a1a-8016-75bc09d8d130">Re: We Said Yes to the Dress!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I spent a few weeks debating between two Essense of Australia dresses - D904 and D1042...and the latter one is the winner! I just need to order it now...  
    Posted by mabapunta[/QUOTE]

Called around 2 weeks ago to ensure pricing was consistent and found that this sample was on sale! For 50% off the original brand new price! It was in great condition with no stains or discolorations, and only minor fraying of some stitching...so I bought it and my veil! Just waiting for the veil to come in so I can pick them both up and pay the other half of the money. I'm pretty pumped that it'll maybe cut my original dress budget in half!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 225 Invited
    image 154 Are MIA!
  • Options

Here is the Casablanca dress that gave me chills when i tried it on. I am in LOVE with it and can't wait til it comes in November to try it on again!!
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_we-said-yes-to-the-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:0baa52bb-d113-46e8-a8ca-504fa4cae6dbPost:fc830b3a-6af0-49e8-a428-d41d413f42e0">Re: We Said Yes to the Dress!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone! I haven't posted on this board yet, but here is my dress. It's an Alfred Angelo.  I can't wait to wear it on 4/20/13!  
    Posted by paf311[/QUOTE]

We're date twins!  Love the dress, it's stunning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    MARCH SIGGY CHALLENGE (for April 2013 brides): Bridesmaid dresses Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Said yes to this dress on Saturday. It's a Maggie Sottero, who has been my favorite designer for years, even though it's not EXACTLY the dress I thought I wanted. But I also didn't want to spend months shopping for something specific and only slightly different from something I already loved. I am very excited to have this checked off my list.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
  • Options
    OrangeHills - we are dress twins! 

I thought the photo of that dress on the model looked terrible. In fact I almost didn't try it on because it looked so boring and plain.  I too want to create a more sweetheart look - I saw someone who had done that on the Davids site reviews and loved it.  I ordered mine without a train however as its going to be a less formal wedding.  Can't wait to get it in!
    February Siggy Challenge - Bridesmaid Dresses - April 2013 Board

No bridesmaids, just my flower girl

• Options
    @ Shipsinthenight- I tried that dress on as well! It's very pretty.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I don't have any good pictures of ME in it, but this is my Alfred Angelo dress.  I knew I wanted an AA dress, and I was gunning for 2314 (by far my favorite in pictures).  But the employee at the AA store picked this one out when 2314 was close but leaving me hesitating.  I thought this would be too much lace for my style but it's just so fantastic.  The asymmetry and layered skirt are fantastic and I have the option to remove some of the lace on the skirt if I decide I want.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Bought mine today..... Only tried on 7 dresses! Viintage looking lace, wish I knew how to post pictures :(
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_we-said-yes-to-the-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:0baa52bb-d113-46e8-a8ca-504fa4cae6dbPost:37f50953-b4f9-4838-99c9-11f8232b74b8">Re: We Said Yes to the Dress!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bought mine today..... Only tried on 7 dresses! Viintage looking lace, wish I knew how to post pictures :(
    Posted by 1mobags[/QUOTE]

When you post, at the bottom menu there's a little tree - click on that to attach a photo :)

Beautiful dresses, ladies!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 225 Invited
    image 154 Are MIA!
  • Options

Don't mind my face but this is my dress!!!  I got it in white and it should arrive in October!  So excited and congrats ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I finally found it!~~~   I felt like it would never happen, but finally.  I can't wait to post a pic!  Now I need to find a seamstress in my town to fix it :0/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    aha! Just can't attach with an iphone (no icons). Anyway here's my dress... love it!

• Options
    Eeeekkk!!! I just noticed this thread! :) I said "yes to the dress" a few weeks ago, but still ver exciting! :)
    Casablanca 2022 Cool

April 2013 - October Siggy Challenge: Venue

Save the Date - Music Poster Inspired STD's

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love my dress- I thought I wanted a-line but I ended up with something completely different!  Can't wait for 4/6/13!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

this is my dress I could not find a front view of my dress but it is very simple sweetheart neckline with ruching 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards