April 2013 Weddings

Help me with a MOH dress

I'm having 1 attendant, my Matron of Honor. And, we've not done any dress shopping together because she's had a lot going on in her life and she hates to shop.

She wants sleeves, long dress, modest neck line. I want dusty rose or dusty blue or silver as a last resort. MOH is a size 14/16 and is in her 40's. She could show up in jeans and a t shirt and I wouldn't really care, but I'd love to find a dress we're both happy with.

And, we'd like to keep it affordable.

Mother Of the Groom is wearing a one shoulder David's Bridal bridesmaid's dress, I'd like for the MOH to not be outshone or look to MOBish next to the MOG. My mother is not attending.

Any input?

Re: Help me with a MOH dress

• Christine9866Christine9866 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    I would check out the watters c20 line.... it has some really nice one or two piece sets with sleeves, i think watters can be pricey though. HTH!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Instead of sleeves you could add a jacket to any dress.  I know bari jay and alfred angelo both have jackets to order in their colour choices.

• edited September 2012
    My sister wanted sleeves but we had a hard time finding are dress that she liked.  We decided on a Alfred Angelo dress with matching bolero jacket. That might be your best option.  I also remember seeing Allure had a long BM dress with sleeves.  Another option, since she's your only attendant is to look at department stores like Macy's or Lord and Taylor.  That is what my mom is planning on doing because she doesn't want a typical mother of the bride dress..

Follow Me on Pinterest

• I second the idea of looking in a departmental store..since it's only her. That might be your best option.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey! There is a David's bridal right by Mimi's Cafe and after dinner on wed of you want we can swing by and get some ideas :
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_help-me-with-a-moh-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:250cbaf6-75ac-4c89-9899-41705e0f6118Post:233ddaa2-98b8-41b3-bedf-5782cf751768">Re:Help me with a MOH dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey! There is a David's bridal right by Mimi's Cafe and after dinner on wed of you want we can swing by and get some ideas :
    Posted by MrsNerraw13[/QUOTE]

That would be great!
  • Awesme! Cant wait! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards