April 2013 Weddings
Options

Just realized I goofed on an invite

My uncle has this on again, off again but always friends with girl and I LOVE her, she's super nice.. And I just realized I sent them one invite as a couple but they're not together right now. I was planning on giving him a plus one and had always assumed it would be her cause I've never met any of his other flings. I'm now realizing that might have been messed up if he is actually seeing someone else or something. I really don't think he'll care, he's the most laid back person of all time but I feel like I made a big oops there. Too late now though the invite is out....
158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Just realized I goofed on an invite

• Options
    I'm sure he'll pick up the phone and call you if it's a problem... these things happen!

My FI said someone at his work was poking fun at the fact we got her husband's name wrong (I may have met him, I can't remember). Turns out that FI wrote the name wrong on the list he gave me!

If that's the only invitation we messed up, I'll be glad...
  • Options
    I think it's okay. Especially if they are always on again off again. 

Something similar happened a couple of years ago. I received a wedding invite addressed to my and my ex boyfriend from an old friend of mine. She didn't realize we had broken up and since I didn't tell her, there was really no reason that she would have known.  I didn't think anything of it and just shot her a quick facebook message, thanking her, but he would not be attending. She told me I was still welcome to bring a date.  It all worked out and didn't think any less of her.

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    I texted him and he said it was all good. Thank goodness. I'm pretty sure that's the only invite I messed up on.
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image

• Options
    Fi gave me the wrong name for one of our guests.  It's Shari not Shelly, haha.  I think I got lazy with the invites anyway and just wrote Mr. and Mrs. Happy Day so hopefully it was an averted crisis.  

The only way I found out it was incorrect is because she purchased something off of our honeymoon registry and signed their full names ;-)
  • Options
    Haha that's funny. Luckily FMIL gave me their whole family's list and she's anal about proper wording and names so the only mistakes were on my end. Whoops

• Options
    Two of our friends are chiropractors and I forgot to put Dr. in front of their names. One of them sent me a message on Facebook letting me know. They weren't upset or anything over it. Probably thought it was due to my FI always ragging on them that chiros aren't real doctors (he comes from a family of doctors, PAs and nurses).
  • Options
    allychaseallychase member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_just-realized-i-goofed-on-an-invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:2bbadafd-c5db-411e-a610-33ec89c03e1ePost:53a838e2-579b-4238-9c35-29566d1833d4">Re: Just realized I goofed on an invite</a>:
    [QUOTE]Two of our friends are chiropractors and I forgot to put Dr. in front of their names. One of them sent me a message on Facebook letting me know. They weren't upset or anything over it. Probably thought it was due to my FI always ragging on them that chiros aren't real doctors (he comes from a family of doctors, PAs and nurses).
    Posted by phoenix870509[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>That's still kind of weird for them to actually write to you about it. If I saw that if I were them I'd probably leave it and just write "Dr____" on the response card. It's obvious you just made a mistake and they could've been subtle about it. Some people are so touchy. 

</div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_just-realized-i-goofed-on-an-invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:2bbadafd-c5db-411e-a610-33ec89c03e1ePost:5a91f0f6-1ce2-4bd3-9dea-f7d71566449b">Re: Just realized I goofed on an invite</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just realized I goofed on an invite : That's still kind of weird for them to actually write to you about it. If I saw that if I were them I'd probably leave it and just write "Dr____" on the response card. It's obvious you just made a mistake and they could've been subtle about it. Some people are so touchy. 
    Posted by allychase[/QUOTE]

It's probably due to the ongoing joke about chiropractors they have with my FI. He is the one who gave me the list with their names.
  • Options
    I just found out that I wrote "Katie" instead of "Katy" for FI's cousin.  When I asked FI about it, he shrugged and asked how he would know.  It's his first cousin that he grew up!  Not some distant relative!  Sigh.  Oh well!
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker 168 invited image | 61 are coming image | 10 can't make it image | 97 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 9th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards