April 2013 Weddings

Fitting

So, just got back from my first fitting. $350 after tax. Yikes! Hem, bra cups, bustle, and taking the sides in. I knew it would be pricey since I went with David's Bridal but geez. lol. I can't wait to try it on when it fits though- my 2nd fitting isn't until March 22 so it's a ways off! HOw much was other people's fittings??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Fitting

• I had my first fitting last weekend it cost about the same for me. Hem all layers, take in sides, sew belt in front and 5 bustles.
  • Ugh, $350 is a lot. I have my second fitting next weekend, I'm afraid of what it will cost. The only thing they told me last time was that it would be between $36-$65 to take it in, and they can't do any other alterations until the dress fits right. I don't need a hem though (when I ordered the dress they did a hem to hollow measurement, so the dress is the right length) so I just need cups and a bustle. I'm hoping its not too much  :/
    135 invited image | 45 Yes image | 11 No image | 79 Still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 23
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaids Dresses
  • my dress has a lot of ruffles and it;s costing $400+ in alterations because i'm so short and each layer needs to be taken up individually, also including bustle and cups. it took the seamstress an hour and a half just to pin it all!

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Spunky414Spunky414 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    $700- $800. Sometimes I really hate living in NYC, it's almost has much as the dress.
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • $40... only alteration was the bustle. 

Although i am going to go back and have a sash tacked on- was told it would be about $20. 
  • I was quoted from the store around $600 because they had to take it in from the waist, pluse each layer of tulle (ballgown).  And then it's big in my torso, shoulder is too big, et... 

Today I met with an independent lady who I loved (just wrote a post about it actually) and it was so much less that the bridal store.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tiny specktiny speck member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    All I needed was the hem and adding a small loop under the back to hold it up for dancing (instead of a bustle), so it's only £50 (about $80). They are steaming it for me too and giving me an old garment bag for it since I got my dress off Etsy and it didn't come with a bag.
  • I just got my dress back from the seamstress yesterday. For a three point bustle and adding bra cups it was $85. I went to a woman that works out of her home, she told me that my dress would be the cheapest alteration of the year and that most of her alterations are over $200. I finally feel lucky for being tall and not needing a hem. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards