April 2013 Weddings

Wedding Party Invites/Cards

I ordered the cutest cards to formally invite my MOH, Ringbearer, Flower Girl etc-even my pastor. GreetingCardUniverse.com
Check it out!

Re: Wedding Party Invites/Cards

• Lesa, I'm confused. On a post in Invites and Paper you said you already ordered your invitations? It's more than a year until your wedding. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • I ordered cards from GrettingCard Universe to ask formally my MOH, best man and Pastor etc. to be a part of the wedding party. Here is a pic of a few of them.
    Then I ordered my Save the Dates from American Wedding and my Wedding Invitations from David's Bridal. 
    Yes, my wedding is on 4/6/2013
    Is there something wrong with ordering now?????Help! Don't scare me girl. 

• edited February 2012
    Here are my Save the Dates.
  • Here are my wedding invites-
    So excited!

• I just think this far out is way too early to have invitation details settled. Do you have hotel suggestions for your OOT guests? Do you have directions to your ceremony site? Your reception site? Do you really have a guest list together so you know how many invites/RSVP cards to order? 

My wedding is only the weekend after yours. I'm pretty sure it's Rule of Thumb to have your guest list finalized when you order invites. I can't imagine having my guest list set in stone right now. So many relationships change! 

STDs are fine, but are only to be sent out 10-8 months in advance. Invitations don't go out until February of next year.

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • And when you post images with your full name, make sure to blur out you and FI's last names. Anyone can view these boards. :)

• Christine9866Christine9866 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012

I agree with PP. FI and I are not sending out our STDs until September. Although we have researched stds to go with our theme, we are not sure if we want to just use our e-pics for them and tie in the theme. So we are waiting until after our e-pics to decide. As far an invites, there are too many details that aren't figured out yet to even want to start these (i.e. finalized guest list, hotel our def. start time of ceremony, getting direction cards from the venue) I also want to meet with my florist and choose my bridesmaids dresses to confirm the colors that I want. Also,  I would def. be careful on ordering items too early (i.e. favor stuff, cake bags etc.) It may be a better idea to wait until you send out your invites and start hearing responses so you do not buy too many. I know planning is exciting, but take your time and enjoy it :):) Before you know it you will not have anything left to do and it may take the excitement out of it. HTH!!!

148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Well, my Save the Date cards only list the city we are marrying in. It just gives the date. That is set in stone for sure. We have our venue booked and set. Ceremony, reception and time of the wedding is set. 
    The hotel reservation cards will be on a different card.
    We are reserving a block of rooms in one resort because we are having an after party of sorts. Certain people and friends will be going to the resort where they will have a room and spa services the next day (massages etc.)
    Other guests can stay at a much less expensive hotel that is a block from our ceemoy/reception site.
    Some of our guests rooms will be paid fo-r some will not so they are geting different hotel information. 
    My guest list is pretty set because we sent out engagement announcements so that got all the addresses etc. together. We are ordering more invitatons due to the fact that we may add people as the year goes on.
    There is so much to do. I felt this was one thing I get finished. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards