Ohio-Columbus

Can't decide on colors

Hi Everyone-
I know my wedding is forever away but some things I am trying to do now and for some reason I cannot decide on a color scheme. I am tentatively getting married October 5th 2013. Which is mine and FI's favorite season...especially since ohio is usually beautiful at that time. I am trying to get colors that are more fall but without being too much. We believe we are getting married/ having our reception at franklin park conservatory. Any advice is much appreciated. I have though of orange themes, yellow themes, red themes, brown themes but nothing seems "perfect".
Wedding Countdown Ticker
192 invited image
69 will be there image
5 will be missing out image
 118 haven't RSVP'Dimage
RSVP Deadline: May 3rd

Re: Can't decide on colors

• edited December 2011
    OMG! I feel ya girl! I have switched my color scheme about 10 times! I went from orange to blue to yellow to red to green.... I finally decided on cobalt blue and granny smith apple green for my wedding party... but i am doing yellow, orange, red, cobalt and apple flowers.  I decided on what color i wanted my wedding party to be and then added the other color in the flowers and decor.
  • AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I like oranges and deep purples for fall. The purple keeps it from being too Thanksgiving-ish (if that makes sense).

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • edited December 2011
    We went back and forth a few times as well. We decided on black white and hot pink. But for fall you could do a like a royal purple, lavender, and a silver/grey. I like that color combo, or a orange, light brown (?? can't think of the name right now). Or orange with a pale blue (tiffany blue)

With the conservatory, you will not need too much in your colors because they have so much color there to look at, so I would guess you want something simple. 

You could do a pastel green, with a brown

Good luck
  • edited December 2011
    I don't really have a color scheme. I have a favorite color, blue. My summer wedding is based off of my favorite color. You have plenty of time. Wait until you get closer. But, red, orange, ivory, sage green, burnt yellow, chocolate brown are fall colors.
  • Combs132Combs132 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a fall wedding coming up in a few weeks ...
    I started off with a deep purple/red combo but ended up with a deep purple, light minty green, with lots of ivory and even some light purple mixed in with the flowers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going with a burgundy color (DB calls it Sangria on their dresses) and gold.  I'm getting married next October :) I actually went to Hobby Lobby and played in the ribbon section with different color combinations :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'm an October bride, but I didn't want a complete fall theme.  My main color is navy blue (marine blue at David's Bridal), but the flowers will all be fall colors.  I think the navy is neutral enough that the few fall accents won't clash, plus hopefully my bridesmaids will be able to wear the dress again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am in love with the peacock color scheme.  It's like a dark blue, emerald green, rich yellow.  Brown would work well with those colors also.  And then throw a few peacock feathers around every so often.  Not necessarily fall but that's the color scheme I would totally choose if I had a do-over.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies your input is helping me. I'm just trying to get some ideas so that if I do see something I like that is in my color scheme I can buy it now instead of waiting until the last minute to buy everything
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    192 invited image
    69 will be there image
    5 will be missing out image
     118 haven't RSVP'Dimage
    RSVP Deadline: May 3rd
  • edited December 2011
    You don't have to have a color scheme nor do your colors have to match the season. What are you and your FI's favorite colors? I had my favorite colors which became our wedding colors and then H threw in an accent color which worked out really well.
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married next October but also wanted fun fall colors that weren't to predictable. We went with a deep grapey purple and a candy apple red. I think those colors are fun & unexpected.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    my best advice would be to pull your colors from your current home. whether you have your own place or share an apartment/house or whatever, you personal style is a great place to start. we chose yellow and gray with a hint of orange because that is all over our apartment. hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Deciding on colors can be hard and is always a good place to start.  I too am an October bride.  At first I thought I wanted a fall color scheme and was going to go with brown and bronze for my main colors and have everything else accented by the rich hues of fall: oranges, yellows, reds.  As my planning progressed, I decided I wanted something more relaxed and nonstandard and went with a five color scheme after finding one I fell in love with on a site.

If you look at 'color inspiration boards"S that might be a big help.  You can put in some colors and google it.  "Purple and orange wedding inspriation board" and so forth.  There are also some on these sites:

http://www.100layercake.com/blog/category/inspiration-binder/

http://www.snippetandink.com/category/inspiration-boards/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards