April 2013 Weddings

honeymoons?

i cant wait to go on the honeymoon but not sure where to go. im from toronto...im even thinking of going somewhere in the usa....like a vegas/san fran/hollywood trip....or wondering if i should just do a beach all inclusive...what are your ideas? have you planned where you want to go?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: honeymoons?

• We just went to our venues tasting event, there we got information on sandals resorts! they all look amazing!!! my sister and brother in law honeymooned in jamaica at a sandals resort and had nothing but great things to say!!! we originally were thinking Aruba (no sandals resorts in aruba, but there are all inclusives) but now are going to look into Sandals resorts as well!!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Rach&Mike2013Rach&Mike2013 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I've been looking into all inclusive beach destinations and Sandals as well...Jamaica, Carribean, Mexico....I can't decide, but fortunately we have PLENTY of time!! It's hard to wait b/c I want to go now! haha My fiance and I went to San Diego in September which was great but the water was too cold for swimming in the ocean plus there were 4 shark sitings that day. :P So I''m still longing for a warm, relaxing beach honeymoon!!!! I also want to do some adventurous activities and a little sight seeing...any thoughts?!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We LOOOOVEE Cruises! So we decided to take a cruise for our honeymoon! Thats about as far as we have got with the planning haha.
    Anniversary
  • We aren't going on a honeymoon, but if we could afford to go, we would LOVE to take a trip to Alaska. We want to try and do it before we have kids.

Do you want a more relaxed vacation, or a get up and go all day everyday? I would say stick with beach/all inclusive if you just want to keep it low key and what not. But if you are up for an adventure then do the hollywood/vegas idea!
  • We are going with a cruise because they seem to be the best bang for your buck that we can get with our budget. We wanted to go to Venice or Scotland, but that's just going to have to wait a few years
  • i keep going back and forth on where to go on our honeymoon.  FI says cruise, I say all inclusive and we are both dreaming when we say europe lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would love to take a cruise for our honeymoon but we have to go in the summer and my FI can't handle hot climates.  So...we're considering the UK/Ireland.  We have friends that live in London and while we wouldn't stay with them (duh!) we'd get some great advice on what to do!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We haven't decided yet, but we are thinking the Bahamas or Florida Keys, hopefully at an all inclusive resort.  We originally wanted to go to Hawaii, but I think it will be too expensive and both him and myself have never been on a flight before, so I'm thinking since the Bahamas and Florida Keys are closer, a shorter flight may be easier to handle for our first plane ride.  We will probably go to Hawaii before we have kids.  We'll probably have a fun time trying to find out where to go and what flights are best since we've never done this before, so we started looking a bit now to get an idea of how much things will cost and what would be best for us.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Hi there.
    My fiance and I are getting married on April 6,2013. I want to book a cruise from April 8 to Baja Mexico from LA. It  is a four day cruise. Have you taken anything like that?
    Can you tell me the best room to get. Do I want a suite or an ocean view? Any ideas are appreciated. This is my first cruise and I do not want to spend it being uncomfortable. I have no idea what to ask for. 
  • We're thinking Vegas.  We both love Vegas, he gets free rooms, so it's a win-win!  Not super romantic, but it'll be super fun :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
  • i love the idea of vegas we are thinking of swinging by there then going to cali ...haha maybe we will see you there :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards