April 2013 Weddings

Ceremony Music

Has anyone started to think about music for the ceremony? I am always researching (haha) We are probably going to go more modern with the music for the ceremony since we are not getting married in a church.

What are you using?

Processional
Bride walking down the aisle
Recessional

148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
RSVP Deadline: March 8
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Ceremony Music

• edited July 2012
    We are having a classical guitarist play for the ceremony since the chapel doesn't have a piano, and he'll play throughout dinner, since we aren't having a dj or dancing.

For the processional- Canon in D
    Bridal Chorus for me- it's so pretty in guitar!!!
    And probably the classic Wedding March for recessional- minus the intro part. It's pretty in guitar as well. Or The Cure's Just Like Heaven- one of them!

EDIT- change- well, as of today, we are actually going with a pianist instead of guitar. So I'm still using Canon in D for the processional, but I'm using Jonathan Cain from Journey's version of the Bridal CHorus for myself. So pretty!! As for the recessional, not sure yet because now I have to find something that is awesome in piano!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ChiGirl2013ChiGirl2013 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Processional: Not sure yet. I may go traditional with Canon in D to please the family.  We're having a "pianist" (ie keyboard player since it's outdoors) so I'll have to see what she's able to do.

Bridal Entrance : Instrumental version of All I Ask of You from the Phantom of the Opera.  My favorite play of all time, and that song makes me cry every time I hear it - it's SO beautiful!

Recessional: I have no clue.  Everything I like is slow instead of upbeat.  :-/

What is everyone doing for their first dance?  I'm a country music fan and really wanted Kenny Chesney's Me and You, but FI hates country.  We have such different tastes in music that this is going to be difficult to choose.  So far the only thing we remotely agree on is Follow You Follow Me by Genesis.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Chi girl-- FI and I also love country music! FI wants Kenny Chesney me and you as our first dance song but I am not sold on it. I love kenny and the song is nice, but i dont get that feeling listening to it for a song for us.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I have no idea what any of those terms actually mean but I love the Vitamin String Quartet's versions of popular songs - mostly Coldplay - so I was thinking about picking a Coldplay song to walk down the aisle to.  My mom is flipping over the fact that I don't want the wedding march, but oh well, she'll get over it.  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are having Thank You For Loving me by Bon Jovi for the Processional for bridesmaids and me.  It is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard.  

After the deed is done we're coming back down the aisle to You Make My Dreams Come True by Hall and Oats.

Our entrance is yet another Bon Jovi song called This Is Our House.  It's a very upbeat, get people on your feet type of song that probably no one has ever heard.

Our cake cutting song is My Sweet Love by John Mellencamp.

Our first dance is Smile by Uncle Kracker!

And our very last song of the night will be Lovely Cruise by Jimmy Buffett.  

So excited just typing all of this!!!  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Finally convinced fi about the string quartet, I think...so here's what I've been planning, and I'm pretty sure fi doesn't care that much, but if he does it may get revised:
    Processional/Bridal Entrance: The Promise of Living by Aaron Copeland. It's originally a vocal piece, but I think it'll work really nicely for strings. And it's pretty long, and our church aisle is pretty short, so each verse will be an entrance for a different group of people with a big fanfare before the final verse for my entrance.
    Recessional: Angel of Joy. It's this piano piece our organist at church has played before, and when I heard it and I saw the title, I knew I wanted it.
    We're also planning on doing our slide show during the ceremony, or more likely before it really gets started and after everyone but the bridal party is seated, and there will be music for that. As well as music during the unity candle lighting.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
  • FI is picking the processional, I think he's leaning toward a Pink Floyd song, although he's had me listen to so many things I don't even remember anymore. 
    For my walk I'm thinking about "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Iz but it might be too tropical. I like a few different pieces by Break of Reality, it's a cello rock band, although I think they might be too hard to be appropriate. Now that I think about it, FIL composes and he wrote something for his wedding with FMIL but I don't know if it's my style. 
    Recessional: "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley because we are like that. 
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Gina, I may steal "Smile" from you!  I actually met Uncle Kracker last summer because he opened for Kenny Chesney at Toyota Park.  We got picked because I had made my mom a shirt that had a colorectal cancer ribbon with a black cowboy hat on it that said "Survivor" on it.  I guess someone in his entourage liked it and we got to go back stage, take pics, and he signed my backstage pass.  He is definitely NOT a social guy, I can say that for sure!  lol  But at least he makes good music.  :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love hearing brides choosing different songs instead of the regular old traditional songs. I have been looking at all kinds of music I want for my ceremony. The only song I'm really set on doing is Wayne Wonder "No Letting Go" for the recessional. It's so upbeat and fun. I think it's the perfect way to end the ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_ceremony-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:5de5183a-709c-46cf-9595-782b956e47d8Post:ba73184f-1d86-4836-9fa6-7c770971e0ff">Re: Ceremony Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gina, I may steal "Smile" from you!  I actually met Uncle Kracker last summer because he opened for Kenny Chesney at Toyota Park.  We got picked because I had made my mom a shirt that had a colorectal cancer ribbon with a black cowboy hat on it that said "Survivor" on it.  I guess someone in his entourage liked it and we got to go back stage, take pics, and he signed my backstage pass.  He is definitely NOT a social guy, I can say that for sure!  lol  But at least he makes good music.  :-)
    Posted by ChiGirl2013[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>ChiGirl that's dissappointing.  He seems like he'd be a fun guy!  
    <div>
    </div></div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Loving this post because it gives me some direction! I have absolutely no idea for most of the music. I think we're leaning toward a violinist or maybe a harpist for the ceremony, but that might be a little too formal-ish for our day. We're getting married in a non-denom chapel.

I really love the idea of a guitarist, especially because one of my brothers and several cousins are really into playing the guitar. I know no one would volunteer for that kind of responsibility, but that would be a great way to bring a little more of my family into the ceremony :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • I'm actually considering (if the keyboard player can hook her speakers to an ipod) of playing a song before the parents/bridal party are seated.  Sort of like a "Hey, this party's about to get started so grab a seat" thing.  If they can do it, I totally want the Kermit & Miss Piggy wedding song from The Muppets Take Manhattan because I'm a HUGE Muppets fan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFw4L7-AFdw
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We didn't want to use the traditional choices and but also didn't want to go too crazy.  We are going to use an instrumental of Storybook Love from the Princess Bride (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTtcvQKWqRc) as the processional.  I am going to walk down the isle to the main theme from Ever After (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nfyVEGvKmk). And since we are both huge nerds our recessional is the Throne Room from Star Wars (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjDaPOWdx6s). Our venue will be letting us use their sound system so I am going to be editing them down a bit. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The songs I'm thinking about are:
    Can You Feel The Love Tonight- Elton John
    Unity Candle:  I Will Not Take My Love Away- Matt Wentz
    Wedding Recession: 
    When I Say I Do-Matthew West

Dad/Daughter Dance: I Loved Her First- Heartland

First Dance: First Dance- Corey Smith

Bouquet Toss: All The Single Ladies- Beyonce

Also I like:
    Wonderful Tonight- Eric Clapton

Feels Like Home- Chantel Kreviasak