April 2013 Weddings
Options

Guests unknown

So I'm finally reaching out to all my nonRSVP peeps and a few of them have said that they don't know of they will have a guest or not. What should I do, just put them down for one just in case and if they don't we just have a bunch of single open spots at the tables? Who knew this could be so tricky!
Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker photo boygirl_zps7b73636b.jpg

Re: Guests unknown

• Options
    Eek, that's tough. If it was me I think I would give them a week to figure out of they are bringing a guest. I can't imagine not having a more exact count! Good luck.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Give them a deadline, pick whatever date works for you. Then call them back and if they don't know then they do not get a guest and let them know that so they don't bring someone without telling you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yup - call them back and tell them you need an EXACT count, not a "maybe count" and that you'll be calling them in 3 days for their FINAL decision.  Tell them you won't be paying for someone who may or may not be there, and you're not going to force someone's added guest to sit at a different table than the person they came with because you didn't know they were bringing a +1.

Honestly, why is it SO hard for people to decide on this whole RSVP thing?  It's not like they didn't know you were getting married.  Sheesh!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_guests-unknown?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:658cadbe-36de-4855-a864-bda0ad00afe1Post:d95a157a-39fd-437a-9c10-808580177f51">Re:Guests unknown</a>:
    [QUOTE]Give them a deadline, pick whatever date works for you. Then call them back and if they don't know then they do not get a guest and let them know that so they don't bring someone without telling you!
    Posted by orangehills[/QUOTE]

This.
  • Options
    I've had multiple people say things like that - so frustrating!  One friend used that "well I want to bring a date, but it's so hard being single!  maybe I'll find one, I don't know...you're so lucky you're getting married!"  It's like UGHHHHHHHHH!  I was single for years, but was never so wishy washy on whether or not I was using my plus one at weddings!
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker 168 invited image | 61 are coming image | 10 can't make it image | 97 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 9th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards