April 2013 Weddings

April 13, 2013!!

Looks like a lot of weddings are happening that weekend...and ours too!! =) We've been engaged just over two weeks and we're already really excited (I swear he's just as psyched about planning as I am, which is wonderful).

Congrats to everyone. =)

Re: April 13, 2013!!

• Congratulations! I am really excited to be getting married 4-13-13! 489 days to go!
    Anniversary
  • Congratulations!!

What do you have planned so far?
  • Yay! Another 4/13/13 bride! Welcome. My Fi is maybe not entierly psyched about planning, but he is deffinitly helpful and supportive and contributes his ideas. I think I'm lucky to have a Fi who wants to be involved. Right now we are checking out some super cool rings. Hope you have fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
  • We've planned...well, a lot of talking, although nothing really set in stone right now. Basically, since we met playing Scrabble and it's kind of been a weirdly important thing (nerdy, I know), we're planning to incorporate some Scrabble elements into the reception -- not as a theme, like we're not planning Scrabble cakes or anything, but just as a subtle decorative element like spelling the table numbers out in Scrabble tiles. We're going with two different blues and wood-ish elements for the whole thing. Lots of ideas involving mason jars and books and other cool items to decorate that should save us money and look very quirky and cool...just need to iron out the details of everything.

We've also picked the reception venue, a ballroom on the campus that he graduated from and that I'm about to graduate from in May, because their prices for things like food and an open bar are really reasonable, and our biggest priority budgetwise is showing our friends a good time. Otherwise, planning has been a lot of looking at and discussing options, which we should be able to solidify more definitely once we're living in the same state again, mostly this summer.

Congrats to y'all as well! Looks like the 13th'll be a hopping weekend. =)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_april-13-2013-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:689c6bce-ffa4-462c-858f-50f4507208b2Post:3e7a999b-bd36-46a0-8dc1-6a7c767eb0fa">Re: April 13, 2013!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We've planned...well, a lot of talking, although nothing really set in stone right now. Basically, since we met playing Scrabble and it's kind of been a weirdly important thing (nerdy, I know), <strong>we're planning to incorporate some Scrabble elements into the reception</strong> -- not as a theme, like we're not planning Scrabble cakes or anything, but just as a subtle decorative element like spelling the table numbers out in Scrabble tiles. We're going with two different blues and wood-ish elements for the whole thing. Lots of ideas involving mason jars and books and other cool items to decorate that should save us money and look very quirky and cool...just need to iron out the details of everything. We've also picked the reception venue, a ballroom on the campus that he graduated from and that I'm about to graduate from in May, because their prices for things like food and an open bar are really reasonable, and our biggest priority budgetwise is showing our friends a good time. Otherwise, planning has been a lot of looking at and discussing options, which we should be able to solidify more definitely once we're living in the same state again, mostly this summer. Congrats to y'all as well! Looks like the 13th'll be a hopping weekend. =)
    Posted by lydials[/QUOTE]

That is really neat! (now I sound like the nerd, haha). I saw some very cute Scrabble ideas on Pinterest. I like the Save the date scrabble stuff too!!
  • I love your Scrabble idea! That's so cute. Congrats! I definitely think that it's great that your FI is involved. :) Mine would like to be, but we're planning the wedding long distance, so sometimes it gets a little hard with the 7 hour time difference. It sounds like you already have a picture in your head, and it'll be lovely!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards