Ohio-Columbus
Options

off topic

So today I went to the vet and they said that my dog has lots of tartar build up and they would have to do a teeth cleaning and put her under, well they said it would probably cost are 350 dollars and I totally cannot afford that especially with the wedding coming up does anyone have any experience with this or know a good but less expensive place that will do it?

Thanks

Re: off topic

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's actually pretty standard :-/ Assuming those are your dogs in the pics, my dog is a similar size, and I actually paid $580 two years ago because she needed 4 extractions! It would have been around $300-$350 if it hadn't been for the extractions and the fact that she wasn't up to date on shots. This was at Healthy Pets of Hilliard Rome. Earlier this year I had it done again, and paid I think $325 at Forest Park vet clinic. My neighbor was a vet tech and she says any place will be in the area of $300+. Maybe KellyRVT can offer some advice, but I wouldn't wait too long...$350 is a lot, but it can be a lot worse if you put it off and they have to extract :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately looking at her teeth I think 2 of them need pulled so I am really worried and that is not even including the pre testing which is 90 dollars, it is just a lot of money but I wil probably end up doing
  • Options
    jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh I am in the same boat as you and have been putting it off for almost 6 months.  I know I need to bite the bullet, but I really don't have the expedible income right now.  I didn't remember the exact numbers so I just called my vet and for a small dog she said it was around $200, give or take depending if they do blood work or not.

Now mind you my vet is in the GHETTO (off broad), but the vet is soo nice and affordable because he "didn't become a vet to get rich, he became a vet to help animals."  His name is Dr. Beer and he is at Care Pet Clinic 614-252-4353.  Make sure you get him though because I heard they have another, younger vet who is not nearly as good.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    casims3casims3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What vet do you go to? I live in Powell/Dublin, but go to the Plain City Animal Hospital. I found that their prices are MUCH lower than the vets around me. I'm not sure where you live though, so it may be a drive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in German Village, but honestly I would not care if i could save a little money, I can totally handle a drive.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just make sure when you check, you ask about all the fees involved. One place told me $180, but that's for the cleaning only. Which they won't do without the $50 office visit fee, the anesthesia, the additional tests they do, etc.
  • Options
    New MILNew MIL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how much our vet would charge but it's worth a call to find out because Dr. Stevenson is awesome with our animals!!  West Jefferson Animal Hospital :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been taking my dog to Bethel Animal Hospital for years.  They are super cheap and all their vets are so nice and they really care.  My dog had a pretty bad broken nail a few years ago and they had to put him under and remove and it.  The whole thing was only $100!  They've always taken good care of him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Two words RASCAL UNIT.....they did one of my foster's teeth people two years later still talk about how amazing they look.  Brady wouldn't chew on a bone because he had such nasty tarter build up from his neglectful living situation and I was expecting teeth to be pulled.  He came home (they said he might be a tad tender) and grabbed that bone and went to town!

I will say right now they are 3 weeks out for surgeries....anything they need to put a dog under for.  I'd call and schedule...don't leave a message if you get the recording call back.  I can't say enough good things about the staff - yes you sometimes have to wait but I deal with a lot of vets in the Cbus are through fostering and when  my own dog will need her teeth cleaned she will be going there as well.

PM me if you want more details.
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We use banfield which is inside the pets mart and they off insurances and stuff. It's saved us alot and I know one of the insurance packages includes teeth cleaning and stuff. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards