April 2013 Weddings

Ughh! Sick?

My parents have some sort of terrible cold so I've been avoiding them since we found out they had it. I saw my mom about 2 weeks ago when she was first coming down with it but haven't seen them besides brief moments to pick up the car/use their bathroom/etc other than that.

Today, I wake up with a stuffy nose and head. And I'm panicking. I don't *think* I have what my parents have, but if I do, it takes over 2 weeks to get over. My wedding is in 23 days. And I'm just panicked that I'm now going to ruin my wedding my being a sick, snotty monster. I kind of want to go home and curl up in a ball on my couch and cry. Thankfully we don't have a lot planned for the weekend so being a ball on the couch might be my main goal for most of it.

Re: Ughh! Sick?

• I don't know how the spring is developing up there but could it possibly be allergies this early?

I'm down here in Florida and I've been dealing with allergies for the last two months.  Not awesome.
  • Cold-Eez is your friend! Lots of fluids and plenty of chicken soup!!! Hope you don't get what your parents have! Feel better!!!
  • That is how I was feeling, and now I cannot get rid of this stupid cough. We have a nurse that works in our plant and she told me to take a decongestant (sudafed) and some ibuprofin to relieve the pain and pressure. I hope you feel better!
  • Zicam? I've never taken it but it's worth a try! And load up on emergen-c and tons of water! Sleep as much as you can this weekend, keep washing your hands, using sanitizer etc just to avoid the risk of putting more germs in your body. Chicken soup for sure. Also saline sprays for your nose are your friend, but not your best friend because overusing them can cause bad side effects and actually make the problem worse. Try to save it for when you're REALLY stuffed up-maybe before bed so you can fall asleep eaiser. Good luck and feel better!! I'm sure you'll feel fine in 23 days!
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Feel better! Try to get to get some rest this weekend!

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Rest, fluids and eat well! You'll be over it in no time!

I will second the double checking it's not allergies, we're getting killed by them here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

April 2013 March Siggy - Bridesmaid Dress

• Allergies are supposed to be even more ridiculous this year than they were last year, so it's very possible.

Honestly, I'm on my 3rd illness in the past month and I am SO over it!!!  My doc said that the wedding stress will weaken my immune system (which is already weakened by Rheumatoid Arthritis) and I will get sick more.  Definitely trying all the home remedies, including digging out the air purifier.  I still have a lot of DIY left to do and I can't take this whole "being sick for 3 weeks straight" thing anymore!

Hope you feel better soon!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Thanks for the well wishes all, and for listening to me whine. I really appreciate having a place to go with these sort of pre wedding issues! I hope you all suffering from colds or allergies feel better soon too. Getting home and snuggling my cat has already done wonders for my mood at least. I just have to take it easy this weekend, do sedentary wedding stuff and think positively. Plus lots and lots of tea and soup!!
  • Usually the flu is chest congestion, not nasal congestion. It's usually also accompanied by sore throat, body aches, and fever. It's likely just a cold, or allergies. Get some rest, drink plenty of fluids, and try Zicam/Cold-Eez/Zinc lozenges. Hopefully you'll recover quickly!
  • Usually the flu is chest congestion, not nasal congestion. It's usually also accompanied by sore throat, body aches, and fever. It's likely just a cold, or allergies. Get some rest, drink plenty of fluids, and try Zicam/Cold-Eez/Zinc lozenges. Hopefully you'll recover quickly!
  • Agree with lots of rest!  Get better soon - better now than wedding time :)
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker 168 invited image | 61 are coming image | 10 can't make it image | 97 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 9th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards