April 2013 Weddings

Talk me out of it, ladies!

$200 is WAY too much to spend on shoes that I'll only wear one day, right?  Right. 

RIGHT????

I curse my obsession with Swarovski crystals.  I really do.  I swear, I can spot them at 200 yards and whatever they're on/in, I want it.  I already splurged on my Swarovski toasting flutes.  That's it.  No more.  I must deny the bling from here on out or I will go bankrupt. 

I need flats because we're getting married outside on the grass, and I'm 6' tall as it is.  However, I'm pretty sure I can find 4 people I'd be willing to uninvite so I can fit these shoes into my budget....
Wedding Countdown Ticker
58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
RSVP Deadline: March 8th

Re: Talk me out of it, ladies!

• LOL. Overall I am torn. I have used the arguement " You are only married once ::knock on wood::" several times during this planning process when it comes to spending $$$. I say......if you can wait to see if they go on clearance OR see if you find another pair that you really like that is cheaper for at least 2 more months ( I know, cutting it close!) then wait to buy. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What about finding some Swarovski shoe clips?  You could find a less expensive pair of flats and use the clips on other pairs in the future :-)
  • edited September 2012
    They are pretty, but I'm obviously not as drawn to them as you are. Even with the crystals, they're too boring for me for $200. I can't justify spending $200 on any pair of shoes...granted, I wouldn't normally spend as much as I did on a regular dress either. :-D No one will normally see your shoes, but I can understand wanting to feel beautiful head to toe and be comfy as well!

If you already have shoes, then I'd def vote to wait til they go on sale..hopefully. Have you already paid for most of the items for the wedding? If you have wiggle room in the budget, really want them, and if your FI is cool with it...then go for it if it'll make you happy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • DON'T DO IT! I agree they are a little plain and there doesn't seem to be enough crystals to justify spending $200. Think about how much use you will get out of them afterwards. 

I know you love them, but honestly none of your guests will be looking at your shoes, especially if your dress covers them. Besides the detail photo of the shoes, no one will even see them most likely! 

Myglassslipper.com, as well as other shoe websites I'm sure, has some decorations you can clip onto the shoe to add a little sparkle. 

I definitely agree with lovely wedding shoes but I'm giving my advice here on how much you should spend.

Don't take offense, I'm trying to talk you out of it! lol
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm a shoe freak. If you want them and you'd wear them again, do it. If you'll never, ever wear them again, then don't.

My pretty lace wedding shoes match a suit I wear to work. So, they'll get use after the wedding. They cost $75 and I found them at Nordstrom's Rack.
  • Christine9866Christine9866 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Don't do it!!! Have you tried the idea of purchasing your own crystals and trying to bling it on yourself?? I would shop around more, and also check out ideeli. They often have flash sales on designer shoes. I got my dream wedding shoe for $60. They were originally over $200.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • DEFINITELY TRY DIY FIRST!!!

Here's a set of crystals from K-Mart for $30!

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_1990000000153071P

And, here's a cute pair of flats for $30 also!!!

http://www.dillards.com/product/Born-Adele-Flats_301_-1_301_502363863

That took me 5 minutes to find both products. Obviously you can search around for the perfect flats! Get some hot glue and design your own perfect wedding shoes!!! You can definitely create your own awesome shoes for way less!

April 2013 - October Siggy Challenge: Venue

Save the Date - Music Poster Inspired STD's

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My dress is kind of plain itself, and also has some "curvy" details so these are actually a perfect match.  The other problem I have is that I wear a size 12 and there are VERY few choices when you have a foot this big.  I've been looking for MONTHS and I need to have the shoes for my first fitting in December. 

I've never been able to buy shoes off the rack in a normal store, unless you count Payless.  Nobody carries 12's - you have to order them.  I'm definitely going to keep looking, though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards