April 2013 Weddings

makeup-hair trial before signing contract??

did you book a makeup or hair trial before signing the hair/makeup contract?? I am just wondering if I book off of recommendations and photos and then hope I still love them when it comes to my trial, or if I have the trial be the deciding factor....thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: makeup-hair trial before signing contract??

• I booked my makeup and hair prior to trials and based on the reviews of the girls on my local board. so far so good! I have been working with my makeup artist already. She did my makeup for our e-pics and we have been working on re-shaping my eyebrows after a terrible waxing. Its a process, but I love her, and she does greay work. Same for hair, the girls had nothing but great things to say about who I booked, and although we have only chatted via email, she has been very responsive to my questions. I will probably due my trials in January. My makeup artist says her trials usual take 1 hour so she can take notes, and hair the same. I am more worried about my hair just because I am picky, but I can always get another trial.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • When I called around for makeup artists they required a trial before signing the contract.  I definitely think it is good to do a trial before hand.  I would ask if it is an option.  Trials are usually cheaper than the day of services so that helps with the budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I put down a refundable deposit to reserve the date, as I haven't had time yet to do my trial. I am, however, hoping to get my trial done sooner rather than later in case it's not working out and I need to look around further. I'd just make sure that any contract/deposit is refundable and how long it is refundable for if you book without a trial.
  • Ooops I didn't do that for my make-up, guess would have been a good idea.  I scheduled my trial for February and put a deposit down to hold my date.

• A good friend's daughter is doing my hair/makeup for experience and my bridal party for inexpensive. I've seen a lot of her work with her friends at prom and homecoming and I like it.

This is kind of what I'm thinking -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NheN-9tOC9A
  • Yeah I'm doing a trial first... with the make-up at least.  Hair, I can deal.  I don't want anything complicated.  But I've never done airbrush before and I want to try that.  Plus, I have had my make-up done a couple of times and I hate when the cake it one.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards