April 2013 Weddings
Options

I got a gift in the mail!

Just wanted to share my excitement! I received a bridal shower gift in the mail! The shower is in 3 weeks, but the person who sent it will be unable to attend. I think I'm a little too excited about this lol

My mom says I can't open it until the shower, so I guess I am going to stare at this beautifully wrapped gift for three weeks... lol

Has anyone else received any gifts yet?
135 invited image | 45 Yes image | 11 No image | 79 Still need to reply! image
RSVP Deadline: March 23
Wedding Countdown Ticker
April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaids Dresses

Re: I got a gift in the mail!

• Options
    Nobody is throwing me a shower so I won't be.  But that is very exciting :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker photo boygirl_zps7b73636b.jpg
  • Options

I received one yesterday as well! My friend told me I cannot open it, so it is taunting me as well lol.

• Options
    How exciting :) I saw that someone bought my a gift from my registry so I know what they bought, but I don't know who bought it. I don't like the registry for that very reason... I guess I shouldn't go back there poking around...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had my shower early due to my MOH's issues with travelling (namely my incredibly painfully adorable 7 month old nephew), so I've got a bunch of presents so far! I'm trying very hard to stick to the "don't use anything until after the wedding" thing, but I'll admit I've cheated on 1 thing (a spoon rest for cooking...I needed it so badly!!) and my FI is ready to on another (it's from his friends and he asked them if he could...it's his coffee grinder...he's so excited). It's super exciting to be getting things!!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Yup, we got one wedding present so far from FI friend who has to travel, so he didn't want to carry the gift with him. He got us a hand mixer, this mixing bowl set, and a cake holder. It was very nice!! And then we got a few things off our registry as well for our Christmas presents from family, so that was cool :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Aw that's great! How exciting :) Sadly I won't be having any showers (due to the logistics of living so far away from both our families), so we just have the wedding itself to look forward to. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_i-got-a-gift-in-the-mail?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:96dacd7a-bc2a-499e-bbf1-4afeabc4cfb5Post:c239931f-ccca-43ad-ac74-413ddd1c4929">Re: I got a gift in the mail!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How exciting :) I saw that someone bought my a gift from my registry so I know what they bought, but I don't know who bought it. I don't like the registry for that very reason... I guess I shouldn't go back there poking around...
    Posted by jakigaudet[/QUOTE]

<div>OMG me too. I keep checking it, I know I shouldn't but it is so exciting! lol</div>
    135 invited image | 45 Yes image | 11 No image | 79 Still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 23
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaids Dresses
  • Options
    We haven't received any mystery registry presents yet but FI's parents DID get us the Kitchenaid mixer in Aqua Sky for Christmas.  That was the last Christmas present anyone opened and everyone crowded around me with cameras to document my expression when I opened it, haha.  Of course, I had to leave it in Pittsburgh b/c you can't easily check or carryon a Kitchenaid mixer, lol.  FILs will bring it down with them for the wedding so I can't cheat and use it anyway lol.
  • Options

My shower isnt till the middle of march and invites havent been sent out yet but already stuff is flying off it! I cant believe it... I am constantly going on to add new stuff .. part of me is wondering if we are really going to get all these amazing things or if someone is just joking with us!! We did get 1 present so far from my aunt... I opened it... It was all our everyday silverware we requested... I asked for 2 sets of 8 - which i assumed 2 people would get me .. I coudnt believe she got both... Everytime i tell FI something else is taken he is in shock..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards