April 2013 Weddings
Options

East coast Knotties, check in here!

Saying lots of prayers for those who are dealing with Sandy's PMS.  If you're on the East coast, or even inland and getting part of the storm, please use this thread to check in when you can.  *HUGS* to all of you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
RSVP Deadline: March 8th

Re: East coast Knotties, check in here!

• Options
    ChiGirl2013ChiGirl2013 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    ACK!  Although I have to give it up for underground power lines - has to make things so much easier, not to mention prettier!

Here in Chicago, we're supposed to get wind gusts tomorrow between 50 and 60mph.  Good grief!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NYC here. It's extremely windy, but, luckily, where my apartment is, most of the powerlines are underground so we aren't super concerned with losing power. So, just watching some buffy, possibly a movie later, and riding it out.

On the downside, this has probably been one of the crappiest weeks of my life overall and the storm has only exacerbated the situation. So I'll be glad when Sandy gets out of here and I can move on with putting things back together.
  • Options
    CT here---- we lost power at 1pm yesterday and have been out since! It was so scary the winds were crazy, the amount of trees and power lines down is insane. Luckily my brother has power, so after work (yes I had to come to work, I AM PISSED) I am probably going to go there if my house is still with out power. frustrated, but glad everyone is safe!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    ChiGirl2013ChiGirl2013 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Stay safe, ladies!  I heard from a friend in CT and she says she thinks the worst is over.  Hopefully, she's right.

The wind here in Chicago is CRAZY - I've NEVER seen it this bad, and I've lived here all my life.  I can't imagine what it's like the further east you go!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in Cleveland, lots of wind and rain, but nothing major.
  • Options
    In CT- Power just came back on for me last night.  Luckily only a few small trees fell in my yard in the opposite direction of the house. 

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    redjellybean you are sooo lucky! day 3 no power, i am miserable!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Our building's basement flooded and started an electrical fire late Monday night. Had a 20 minute walk in the middle of the storm to a friends apartment, got back in our building Wednesday. No damage in our apartment (thank goodness for living on an upper floor). Just got electricity back an hour ago. My aunt lost her house in Seaside Heights and my parents aren't expected to have power until sometime next week. 
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Glad to hear that some fellow east coat knotties are doing alright!  I'm in Northern NJ and we were powerless for 4 days!  The school I work at has been closed for the last week and my poor fiance has been working overtime like crazy which is great for our wedding budget but not so much for his stress level.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    South NJ here.....I work in EMS and worked during the hurricane.  It was frustrating seeing people driving around like nothing was happening, when they were supposed to be evacuating.  The devastation to AC and surrounding towns is horrible.  People are still in shelters with no homes to go to.  Several of our co workers have lost everything.  It was a long week and will be a long recovery for NJ.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards